Samsung 28" 4K Ultra-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

MacBook Pro compatibility - does anyone know how well this monitor works with a 2013-era MBPro 13”? From the Apple specs, it looks like 4K (3840x2160) is supported via HDMI @ 30Hz, but only 2560x1600 via DisplayPort (ThunderBolt).

From the specs:

Graphics and Video Support

• Intel Iris Graphics
  • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on up to two external displays, both at millions of colors
  • Native Mini DisplayPort output
  • HDMI video output
    Support for 1080p resolution at up to 60Hz
    Support for 3840-by-2160 resolution at 30Hz
    Support for 4096-by-2160 resolution at 24Hz

Is this spec sufficient to make good use of this monitor, or will that 30 Hz refresh rate drive your eyes nuts after a while? Is running the monitor below 4K (i.e., at 2560x1600) worthwhile or fuzzy?

Use case: I’d use this for photo editing and coding, to replace a Gateway IPS 24” monitor.

I got 2012 and 2013 macbooks with same specs. Give me a day or two i will test it out for you.

As far as my experience had been great on both 4k and 1080p with this monitor but both in 60hz.

30hz long hours shouldn’t bother your eyes or anything unless you play high action games.

you shouldn’t have issues using 4K in 30hz. it should work unless something is not right.

make sure your drivers and macos up to date.

if you play games, you may see some tearing, if you don’t expect games to be perfect, it will not effect you at all you can enjoy it.

hz rates effects displaying the high motion events, like games, movies(movies are all standard, not like games), or 3d motion videos in high motion rates you have created. otherwise in pictures, non moving events will not show any difference or have any -/+ effects.

Thank you for the feedback - I may have to take the plunge!

When I shared the link with someone on Facebook Messenger on my phone, the preview says the price is $219.99 plus $5 standard shipping.

Just verified it. That’s weird. I’m letting the developers know. Thank you for letting us know.

I can’t speak highly enough of these. I have two on my desk at work and I think we are up to 10 of them in the office. This is a great monitor.