Samsung 28" 4K Ultra-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

Great monitor, was using a Samsung 1080p tv as my monitor for the past 5 years and just picked one of these up at one of the membership discount stores for $290. If your using AMD FreeSync this thing is a fricken dream! It’s leaps and bounds better for gaming over what I was using and before getting this I thought I was experiencing most what my graphics card could do for me, how wrong I was.

A few months ago, I bought a similar Samsung U28E590 at Fry’s for $350 new, including tax. It is a big 28” beautiful 4K monitor for browsing Internet or watching movies. Refresh rate is a bit slow at 60Hz for games, but I wanted to buy 1 more, so I can use dual monitors for programming work.

By luck today, I found this U28E510 on Woot. It has the same spec and good reviews as U28E590. At first, I ordered the open box with 30-day Woot warranty for $198. Later, I changed to this factory reconditioned with 90-day Samsung warranty for $220. I think better condition and warranty are worth extra $22.

This monitor has 1 DisplayPort and 2 HDMI inputs, so you may connect 3 devices at the same time - like 1 Mac, 1 PC, and 1 Roku. However, it has no VGA or DVI inouts, so older device may need to buy a convertor. VGA-HDMI convertor costs under $20, and DVI-HDMI convertor costs under $10. I tested they work with this monitor, but only up to 1080p mode.

In conclusion, I highly recommend this monitor, especially at this price - if you have devices which support 4K and DisplayPort or HDMI.