Samsung 28" 4K Ultra-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

Samsung 28" 4K Ultra-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

Typing this comment on this same monitor – also a Woot deal from a few months ago, also a refurb. The condition as it arrived was indistinguishable from new.

A couple minor gripes on this one – it has substantial color distortion if you look at it from different vertical viewing angles (i.e. if you stand up or the monitor is tilted downward), more so than any other monitor I’ve ever used. Also, the vesa mount position is near the top of the panel, so if you’re going to put it on a mount with other monitors, the mount will need to be the more expensive articulating arm type so you can raise it to the right height.

Other than that it’s been nearly perfect for my needs, which I’ll admit are not focused on gaming or video. I mostly use mine for software development, and it’s great for putting a lot of code on the screen with good clarity. (I’ve decided though, that if you’re using a 4k monitor for text, you definitely don’t want to go any smaller than 28 inches.)

I think this is a great deal on what’s turned out to be a really solid display in my case.

1 Like

What refresh rate does it get in 4k, 1440p, and 1080p? Do you know? not seeing it listed here on woot.

According to the Amazon page refresh rate is 60hz.

1 Like