Samsung 28" 4K Ultra-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

Samsung 28" 4K Ultra-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

I just received this monitor in the mail. The only cords included are a m-m displayport cable and a power cord. The DC input on the monitor doesn’t match the output on the power cord. I don’t know if this monitor was supposed to come with a power brick and mine is just missing it, or if I’ll have to purchase a power brick separately. And if I do need to purchase a power brick, is there a specific one I need to buy?

Since this is factory reconditioned by Samsung, I’d suggest registering it on their site and then asking them to send the correct power adapter/cord.

If that doesn’t work, contact Woot CS.

I’ve spoken with Samsung customer service and they’re telling me that Woot isn’t a authorized seller of Samsung products, so I’ll have to take it up with Woot customer service.

hahahahahahahaha

It’s on their website. Just say Amazon next time, you’ll probably get farther.

Well that’s frustrating. I figured something was up when they said Woot wasn’t an authorized seller since Woot sells all sorts of brand stuff all the time. I just want to use my monitor but I can’t without power D: lol

Apparently Samsung doesn’t think Woot is authorized.

Me:
I’m just kind of confused how this situation even started, and how Woot can have an entire sale of Samsung devices if they’re not authorized. They’re a subsidiary of Amazon.

Samsung:
Below is the link you can check Authorized Samsung Internet CE Retailers:
https://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/ceddealers_temp.html

Me:
Yes, Amazon is listed there.

Samsung:
Yes, that’s correct. But the actual woot.com is not listed.

Me:
But Woot sells Amazon products and is owned by Amazon. The two websites sell the same product.

Samsung:
I agree with you that the woot.com is be acquired by Amazon but the authorized retailer is Amazon.com the subsidiary websites are not part of the authorization.

Sigh. Let me talk to the computer team. In the meantime, go ahead and get in touch with CS. I’m sorry for the problems.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve already sent an email to CS, so we’ll see what happens next. I know Woot is usually good about this kind of thing, and I really appreciate your help.

That is some galaxy brain thought right there. Woot and Amazon share warehouses, what’s to say that your monitor didn’t come from an Amazon warehouse? Because the people who charged you was Woot? But the payment system is Amazon pay which pretty much no one but Amazon companies use (at one point, Amazon was even considering shutting down the system due to lack of use lol).

Also isn’t the vendor of this product Samsung in this case? The Woot website says you get the Samsung refurbished warranty, which they could only offer if the product was certified by the manufacturer (thus allowing the warranty to kick in when you buy it). Are they saying that because they are the vendor and they sell through Woot that they’re not authorized? Doesn’t that mean that Samsung is not authorized to sell Samsung products? What’s the point of having a vendor authorization list if Samsung doesn’t even follow it?

1 Like

Lol yeah, at that point in the conversation it felt like the guy had reached the “I’ve said a dumb thing and I refuse to be wrong, so I’m going to continue saying the dumb thing until it’s true” point.

The Samsung rep followed all this up with the power brick part number so I could buy my own, and it is listed on their website for $50. Which, at that point, I might as well return the refurbished one and buy it new.

Was this ever resolved to your satisfaction? I was poised to buy one but the savings might not justify the headache. Sorry about your situation but I appreciate you helping me to think twice.

I love it! Fits perfect on my desk, I love the size since my 28inch is really big and it was easy to assemble!

Yes! Woot helped me resolve everything and I’m really happy with how it’s working. You know what they say, ThunderThighs save lives. Or something like that lol