Samsung 28" 4K LED-backlit Monitor

deal breaker.

Thanks for explaining this. I didn’t catch the VESA placement.

Is it fair to say if you bought two monitors for a dual-mount that it would be ok to align them?

Or did their placement at the top just ruin it for dual mounts?

With the proper adjustments, it’s nearly as good as an IPS. I have an IPS Acer predator to compare it with.

VESA mount lets you add an I7 NUC mounted to the back…SSD it…16 MEG…Wireless keyboard and USB speakers…

Presto…You have a great all-in-one for a great price…

$400 less than a similar Windows All-in-one and $800 less than an IMAC…

If you get two of these and the arm is high enough (or you don’t mind the monitors being just a few inches from the desktop), then you will be fine.

I’m not much of a techie, but a friend said some companies allow for some dead pixels in refurbished monitors. He suggested I find out that information before buying, but I can’t seem to find it online. Does anyone know Samsung’s guidelines on that for refurbs?

Thanks!

A few dollars? I can find a 55" 4K from Vizio for $400, and that’s still a refurb price. Where are you finding 60" 4K Vizio’s for “a few dollars more” than $250?

“4K” doesn’t mean 4x more resolution, the resolution is 2160p so just double a 1080p screen.

“4K” simply means horizontal resolution of 4,096 pixels and vertical resolution of 2,048 pixels.

Most “4K” monitors/TVs aren’t truly “4K” but 2160p but is used interchangeably these days.

Samsung doesn’t even quantify their policy even for new screens.

A staff can chime in on Woot’s policy here; in the past, it was 5 dead pixels.

Appreciate the info/link; thanks!

Technically it IS 4x the pixel density though. 2.07 million for 1080 vs 8.29 million for 2160

True, most “4K” isn’t actually 4k horizontal pixels. But it is 4x the total resolution of 1080p - 2x in each direction.

It can seem confusing at first glance, since we have gotten used to resolutions given in numbers of horizontal lines (720p, 1080i, 1080p), while these are described in numbers of horizontal pixels / vertical lines.

1080p broadcast and home technology (also termed “Full HD”) uses a resolution of 1920x1080, 2073600 pixels. UHD (more below) is 3840x2160, 8294400 pixels, which is exactly 4x that of 1080p.

The real 4K standard is actually 4096 pixels wide, but that’s usually limited to production and cinema. And this is also 4x the total resolution of the 1080p production standard, 2048x1080, which is also called 2K.

As indicated above, the broadcast equivalent of “4K” with 3840 pixels wide is technically “UHD”. You could call it 3¾K, but that just makes things even more confusing…

I bought this through woot. Avoid this at all cost. Poor brightness and cuts in an out. Woot refused to let me RMA to them and said to go through the manufacturer.
Been hell trying to get it fixed.

Sorry about the problem with the monitor. Looks like you bought it in November 2016. That’s pretty far outside our return window. :frowning:

Im waiting for 5k. Thats one better. so when you need that little extra k, you can turn it up a notch.

The next is 8k…5k is the North Korean model…

Using a large screen as a monitor can be a problem. instead of your eyes moving around, you have to move your head. After a while, all that movement can get you dizzy.

Because this monitor has no speakers, but it has a 3.5mm jack, I assume that external speakers with a 3.5mm cord can be attached to it because the HDMI will carry audio to it anyway? Or do I need another setup to have audio?

Hi there. I looked through the manual and found this description for the headphone jack.

Connect to an audio output device such as headphones.
The sound could only be heard when using the HDMI to HDMI cable or DP cable.

That is correct. I checked the website of Samsung. This is the E model which supports freesync (where the older D model did not).