Samsung 34" WQHD Curved LED-Lit Monitor

Reviews over at Newegg

I recently got a Dell 34" curved monitor that shares the same specs. WOW. Great immersive experience and more room than my dual 23" setup. I’m super happy with it and I’m sure this Samsung would be no different.

“Full-HD” is marketing-speak for “cheap low-res monitor that should have more vertical lines than 1080 given its size, so we’ll call it ‘full-HD’ to trick users into thinking this is a good thing”

This monitor does have more vertical lines than 1080…

Full HD is an industry standard term.

HD – 1,024 x 768
Full HD – 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
Ultra HD (Quad HD) - 2560 x 1440 pixels

I grabbed this from Woot a few months ago and haven’t regretted it for a minute. Yup it’s a lot of money, but this thing is beautiful. I came from dual 24" 1980x1200 monitors with big o’ bezels. This is technically less wide, but with no bezel in the way it’s way better, plus there’s more vertical res. I had my 24’s angled in a bit, and with this the slight curve accomplishes the same thing but better. Good color out of the box. I think I adjusted the contrast and brightness a little. As long as you’re not set on 4k, at this price point I don’t think anything beats it.

This thing is drool inducing. Its taking all my will power not to hit the big yellow button.

great monitor, though i got it at xmas time for same price NIB