Samsung 3D Blu-ray Player with Apps

I am thinking about buying this for a friend. I really don’t care much about the apps or videophile Blu-ray disc reproduction. Mostly, I need to know if it has a wide range of format – codecs – containers so that when I download a movie or a TV series season, usually in MKV container or H.264, occasionally MPEG-2 or 4, etc. on a memory stick as large as 32 GB that he can handle all the formats I am likely to encounter.

Any suggestions? Comments on brands that known for long life firmware updates. Other pertinent comments or suggestions?

It can handle many formats- I don’t think you’ll have a problem.
Here is the manual http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/305/305BDE5900.PDF page 9 & 10 talk about video file support.

Oh darn, I have been looking for this and the one night my internet would not work and I missed out; if you have any cancellations or find another one hanging around, I would purchase. Please let me know??? Thank you!

Dianna

alas, it kinda doesn’t work that way here on the Woot fambly of sites. but keep your eyes peeled on our site (or email newsletters, or tweets, or facebook updates), because products make repeat appearances all the time!
:slight_smile: