Samsung 46" 1080p 3D LED Smart TV w/WiFi

I have the upgrade kit also and I have no regrets whatsoever about the TV or the upgrade kit. For a discussion about the upgrade kit, see: OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread | AVS Forum

Would you settle for a '96? Looks like it might have once been BRG… Or you can paint it. :wink:

Pick your own hat, we probably have different tastes.

I’ve had this same TV for almost a year now and have no complaints about it. I love the ultra thin border around it. The only built in app I use is the Samsung All-Share for playing videos from a computer but the picture quality is great.

I have no regrets about my purchase and if I had to go back, would absolutely buy this again.

what upgrade?

Samsung Evolution Kit

Via BestBuy (Sold out right now)

Allows you to upgrade the TV with a quad-core chip that enhances the Smart features to the 2013 level. Better motion controls, updated smart hub, and Samsung touch remote.

As an extra point, I would recommend the Samsung Wireless Keyboard as an accessory. Would help navigating the Web Browser and certain apps. Some, such as the Netflix app for Samsung TVs, don’t have support for the keyboard yet.

No thanks. After Samdung screwed me over with my last TV from them, I avoid them at all costs. It’s not good customer service to deny knowledge of a defect that is all over the web. Then when you finally own up to the problem, you don’t want to cover the costs.

an extra 1/3 premium for 3-d? i can get a headache cheaper…

I bought the Samsung UN40ES6100 in January and I am amazed how nice the picture I, to clear at first. It’s like the actors are in the same room with a live show. Took awhile to get use to it to. Love it, and I am broke or I would buy this for my office to replace my Vizio.

This is a beautiful TV. It is feature rich and the edge to picture slim bezel is very stylish. Sure there are larger TVs out there for less money from some third tier provider, but none that look this good on the wall.

My friend got burned too. TV started showing line in it and it might be the same as you, a known issue only to be denied by Samsung. After he went public on Facebook, they came around and helped out some. He ended up buying a Wally World TV after that expensive lesson.

Before that, I had a brand new laptop that they tried to fix twice. I should have just took it back for a refund when I had the chance.

This is not a minor point, either. It reminds me of those tv’s that used to come with built-in DVD and VCR players. Once one of them breaks, you are screwed. Similarly, once support for the apps is gone this is nothing more than a really nice tv. Which it is, but the question then becomes “Would you pay $999 for this tv if it didn’t have those capabilities?”

And that is not an unimportant question to ask here, because you are absolutely right that most apps will not work as early as next year. If you got the update they may work for a year longer, but still…

A tv with similar specs and just as nice a picture which does not have internal Wi-Fi/app capabilities is going to save you a bundle over this unit and will still be fully functional in 2 years.

You can use nearly any wireless keyboard and mouse with this tv. It has usb ports and bluetooth and keyboard/mouse can be either. I use the Logitech K700 http://www.rakuten.com/prod/logitech-k700-keyboard-controller-w-touchpad-for-logitech-revue-google/219622140.html?listingId=220740431 because it has a built in touchpad. The one thing to remember with a combo keyboard/touch pad is to select usb for keyboard and usb for mouse.

Not sure where some of you get this ridiculous notion. I have this same TV (46" smart) from their 2011 product line. I get updates for the smart hub and apps on a regular basis and everything works smoothly. Some people just love to play the hater. Bottom line: Samsung STILL makes the best sets on the planet.

Also available from Bestbuy online for $999 (price only visible after you put it into your cart).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/46"+Class+(45-9/10"+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4837437.p?id=1218540192660&skuId=4837437&st=UN46ES7500FXZA&cp=1&lp=1

I’d like to see a TV with similar specs without the WiFi capabilities that has as good of a picture as these Samsung models with a cheaper price point. Just because it’s 1080p does not mean these all have the same picture quality.

My only recommendation for this TV is to get a decent sound system or a soundbar. These new thin TV’s all have weak speakers and it’s pretty much expected to have a decent sound system for it.

The deal killer: Active 3D. That is if you’re buying it because of the 3D.

I agree. I too had a 40 inch Samsung TV that has had a bad capacitor issue at 1 year, and a bad panel. There ended up being a class action suit for the capacitor issue and they still wont help with the panel. Just replaced with a 47’ Panasonic. It is beautiful, and it feels even better to know I did not buy another Samsung anything! Samsung customer service is almost non existent.

Well considering I got my 47" for 500 bucks, I’d say he is, probably just not this $1000 one. So way to go there on being nice, sport.

Bought this TV in 40" when it was on Woot a few months ago and it’s fantastic! Colors and contrast are great, built in cam for Skype is pretty cool and I can stream from Spotify directly to the TV. Kick-ass!

Make sure you look up the screen calibration tips to setup your configuration. Out of the box it looks good but there’s a lot of room for improvement by tweaking!