Samsung 65" 240MR 4K Smart TV

Is there any way to tell if this is a manufacturer refurb or if it’s from a 3rd party refurb company?

If I had to guess - third party since it’s only a 90 day warranty. Ps a big daily coupon site has it for $100 less.

It’s 3rd party.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

These TV’s have a well-known issue with the back panel separating (literally coming unglued). There are pages and pages of these threads on Samsung’s own forums,

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Alerting-QC-Issue-Back-Panel-Seperation-on-the-KS-8000-KS9500/td-p/44459/page/3

That said, if these are those returns, maybe they’re ‘factory fixed’?

My personal opinion is the warranty should be longer or price lower to justify the risk.

I’m with you. If its such a great refurb company that does and stands behind its work, 90 days is an awful lot of risk for a ~$1100 investment. Wow the glue that they are using is flawed, and the back is separating from the set. That’s a real weak manufacturing defect on a premier, top of the line SUHD set.

Any hint on which saily coupon site that is?

actually never mind, they just raised the price, must have been after they saw their price.

Insane prices for a refurbs. I paid $899 for a NEW 55" ks8000 last december on sale

90 day warranty? Give me a break!

Just got mine today. Broken. Hopefully woot will just give me my money back.

They totally should! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form to report the issue.