Samsung 8.2MP Digital Camera

I want a new camera for an upcoming trip to Disney though I need something with quick shutter speed since I’ll need to take pics pretty quickly. Will this camera work or just frustrate me as I miss getting the perfect shot of my kids with Mickey?

I’m not sure what they mean by guaranteed, but I use my 8GB SDHC in it and it works fine.

It’s sturdy enough, I have banged mine around a few times.

The facial recognition can be turned off and does indeed slow down shutter response. This camera has some wonderful settings for outdoor pictures. The auto focus seems to take a little longer to adjust. Flash recharge, in my opinion, is a little better than average.

Also, note that this camera doesn’t take disposable batteries and must be recharged, so if you are out hiking or camping…when the battery is dead, you cant just pop in a few spares you’ve been carrying around.

It takes nice video, but sound quality on the video leaves alot to be desired. :frowning:

for those like me (blind and interested)

What is this ExxonMobile company and how did their CEO get so rich?

(I used to work for ExxonMobil and now do contract work for them.)

Bought it last time from Woot. Bought the 2 year warranty because people said it is “fragile.” I have not seen this.

8 megapixels is plenty for an 8x10.

At 80 ISO and macro, the camera does good work. Nice features, good build. The video mode is also good.

The flash is powerful enough, and compared to other P&S cameras, does not blow out the subject with appropriate distance.

Don’t expect it to be an SLR. You still get the everthing-in-focus-even-the-stuff-in-my-neighbor’s-yard look. Other than that, it’s good.

manufacturer’s page …

I like camera where i can take pictures really fast, in the sense its fast start up time, cause i take random pictures. How long does it take from pushing the on button till i can take a picture, and how is the battery life?

Dear Woot. stop.

Quit with the cameras. stop.

Really, woot, stop. stop.

stop.

I agree with that, but only after you bring out the Z1275 at $80 – I need to replace the one I broke. :wink:

Shipping Update

Samsung 8.2MP Digital Cameras have completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking will be emailed this morning to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number:

FEDEX TRACKING

My motorcycle is red and black:

And my gear:

I’ve since gotten a matching helmet too.

And yes, I wooted this! Woot!

Got mine yesterday. played around with it a little and seems pretty good. the charger was obviously the part that was refurb’ed, which i guess is a good thing.

One thing that surprised me was that it doesn’t seem like i can delete a pic right after taking it, I have to view all pics and then delete them. it came with a quick start guide, but no manual. Anyone know if there is a way to delete the picture while it is still on the LCD just after taking it? every other digital camera I’ve used can do this.

Yeah I have been playing with mine like crazy. Here are some pics to show the quality: http://quadium.net/photos/2009-03-20_colab-and-lunch/

I probably could have done better with light levels or whatever, those were all in auto mode. I like all the overrides you can do if you are setting up a nice shot.

Maybe there is a manual on Samsung’s Web site?

Anyway if you hit the “play” button just after taking a picture, it takes you right to the one you just took. Then you can hit the delete button.

I actually turned off the quick view entirely so it just saves and is back to camera mode as quick as possible. Even with just a 256MiB SD card and the highest resolution and JPEG quality, I can store like 50 pics. So I’ll filter them after. Plus who knows what cool thing I captured and didn’t notice.

I found some others I took yesterday and posted them. They are nature pictures from my patio while the first are downtown:

http://quadium.net/photos/2009-03-19_new-camera/

Thanks Woot!

Thanks vsync. Nice shots. There is a manual, but your play->delete combo is the quick way to delete a pic after taking it. i’ll probably filter them after taking, too.

Any success with >4gb sdhc cards? Brand & size please if you have gotten them working with this.

Edit: toshiba 16gb sdhc cards work with this. picked one up at sams for like $30.