Samsung Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Samsung Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi
$49.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Is this any good? Looking to replace an Insignia player that isn’t working so well anymore.

Thank YOu Woot for having a woot off
on my birthday!!!
Happy Birthday to Me!!!

I have one of the. Worked great for a year. Now it says the “built-in” wifi is no longer “built-in” and I should plug in a USB adapter. :-\

I have one of these. It will play every type of digital A/V file you throw at it. The only complaint is slow load time when playing a disc.

2.9 out of 5 stars at Amazon (with over 200 reviews) - I’ll pass

In for one. I’ve been waiting for this specific player to come on sale for a while.

If you want a rock-solid Blu-Ray player, with fast WiFi, this is the least expensive solution.

For anyone interested, this is NOT listed as amazon prime compatible.

This is worth reading the reviews for-- people didn’t like it because of the Apps platform. It works absolutely fantastic as a Blu-Ray player.

This is the PC Mag review, with a full 4 out of 5 stars.

PC Magazine Editor’s Choice from July, 2011. “With good speeds, solid performance, integrated Wi-Fi, a wide array of Web services and apps, and a less-than-$200 price, the Samsung BD-D5700 stands out as the best midrange Blu-ray player we’ve tested.”

I always wonder what the review would say if the price was $50 instead of $200.

Were those reviews based on a refurbished (fixed/improved) product like this one?

I bought one a new few months ago double this price at Best Buy. I like it, and I use the streaming function (Netflix mostly) more than I’ve used it to play discs. It has several different streaming ‘apps’ in the Samsung SmartHub platform, like Hulu Plus and some other streaming websites. Remote has buttons labeled Netflix and Pandora.

in for three. missed the past several woot-off’s so had to get something…

I’m in for 1

The LG BP220 refurb is only 39.99 at buycom. Free shipping, and that one plays mkv from a thumb drive. DNLA is a PITA.

Think someone missed a step…
From the Samsung product page. “The Samsung (Fill in the Model) comes with built-in wifi so it can easily be connected to your wireless network without any additional equipment.”

I have this player too. I’d agree that DVD load times are slow. And I’m not thrilled with the Smart Hub interface. I use Netflix and Pandora a lot and it takes a while to load. I had trouble connecting to my facebook and twitter accounts. I got stuck in a perpetual loop of errors. But otherwise I’m happy with it, and wish I had only paid $50. You can’t beat it for that price.

This looks like the one that I currently own. It works fine with me except that it is not compatible with the new Avengers Blu-Ray.

I’ve added the Avengers to the bottom of my Netflix queue. Maybe by the time it works its way up the queue, Samsung will have issued an update.