Samsung Bluetooth Headset

I can’t imagine why anyone would buy less than 3. That makes them roughly $1.66666667 cents each.

standard card industry trick; visa gets the interchange + fees from any purchases on the card (<2% usually) and they also get to keep anything left on the card (not sure what the average is, but people will leave a few dollars and forget about it), so they will sell the $20 visa cards to samsung at a discount or work out a deal.

In for three - At $1.66 each, My expectations are exceptionally low so I might actually be happy with this BT headset for a change!

Yes, it works with the PS3.

1. No quicker way to look like a complete tool than to get a ticket for talking on your cell phone where it’s required to be hands free.

2. No quicker way to look like a complete tool than to post your original message.

I personally find your statement both appalling and insensitive. This is America, man. Companies operating under our soil always have been, and always will abide by the highest standards of business practices. They wouldn’t dare gyp a valuable customer on something as silly as a rebate. Think of the PR backlash that would cause!

We’re surrounded by upstanding companies - plenty enough to make competition fierce and good for the customer. For example, let’s take the following well-known company that prides itself on a perfect record of customer satisfaction.

…oh wait.

tapdances away

Wow, some of the woots in the recent past have been ok. This, however, is why I joined woot. Well, why a good friend told me to join. If all goes well, that’s $5 for 3 of these nice little bluetooth headsets. If not, I have 3 Christmas presents for $65.

Can’t go wrong here at all.

They are NOT counting on not honoring the rebates. They are counting on many people not sending them in on time or not using the full balance. A company like Samsung will send you the pre-paid card - they’ll likely work with you if there is any problem besides you procrastinating. Mail in rebates have always been based on a large portion of buyers not actually using them (losing receipts, not mailing in time, forgetting UPC cut-outs, etc.) Very few actually ignore the requests when they are sent in; they tend to not be in business long.

Again, in the description on the front page where the picture of the item is, it says they reserve the right to send you a check instead of a Visa plastic. I’d guess that if your credit score is subterranean they won’t bother trying to sell you the Visa thing. I don’t really know how “prepaid Visa” cards work. Maybe someone in the know can enlighten us? Is there some other catch here?

OK the price is cool, but come on can it look ANY more L_A_M_E??? Seriously it’s just ugly…you will look like you have a cigarette lighter strapped to your ear.

PASS…some things are more valuable than money…like not looking like a tool…

My thoughts exactly.

in 4 3. rebate had better work for all 3!

Does this work with iPhone?

Ah! No problem then, I’ll just give the whole thing to my cafe guys in exchange for one of their prepaid cafe debit cards! :slight_smile:

But, can’t you add money to prepaid Visa cards? It could be handy to have a zero-credit credit card for those shady ebay purchases!

It’s a fairly standard Bluetooth headset. I’m sure it’ll work. If not, I’ll always think I was right. =D

Yes it does. Check out this review - http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/samsung-wep470/4505-13831_7-33769453.html

They paired this with an iPhone.

Are you serious? It’s not that deep man/woman. Vanity s u c k s goatnutz.

They count on you not sending them in, which happens an incredible amount of the time.

Fry’s has had rebates on stuff where, in the listing, they say “two rebates per household,” but when you get the form, it only says 1 per household.

It depends on the cards. Consult the company that issued these cards… or you can also look at the terms and conditions that come with one.

Best bet with the gift cards is to use them at Amazon if you shop there. Buy an Amazon gift card for $20 (though you can get them in ANY amount) and use your pre-paid Visa card to pay for it. Now you have a $20 GC to Amazon that you can put on your account and use whenever you’d like.

Of course you can also use them to buy any other gift card you find desirable. Me, I use them for gas. Just tell the attendant you want the full amount of the card.

Yes, but that was an iPhone 3G. Did woot delete my original question, “Does this work with an original iPhone?”? I can’t ever figure out why woot deletes some of my posts.