Samsung Cellphones

my verizon s3 takes a sim.

IIRC Europe uses the GSM standard. You need to make sure whatever phone you buy is GSM not cdma. The GSM phones should take a sim. You will need to know what service you want to activate this on and make sure the phone supports those frequencies. Certain carriers use certain frequencies. Check your carrier first and make sure your phone will support their data frequencies or you will not take full advantage of their high speed data. Good luck!

Wow, lots of misinformation here from people regarding where these phones will work and which companies use SIM cards.

Definitely do your own homework before buying one of these. Here are some helpful links

Wikipedia list on which companies use which gsm frequencies

Cnet explains unlocked phones Gadgets - CNET

Bottom line is unlocked GSM MAY work on AT&T or tmobile and even overseas depending on which gsm frequencies the cell company uses and the phone offers.

Hi Everybody! Sorry for being uneducated in these phones to start. But, I was wondering does anybody know if any of these will work with PagePlus prepaid network? Thank you for your knowledge! Thought I would ask rather than have to return.

Have you tried contacting PagePlus and asking them to make sure?

Hiiii all. Dumb question… would the dous phone work with T-mobile? Anyone know?

Sorry not to read any other posts or do any research of my own before dropping $500 on a phone, but can someone tell me: Do these really come with an ice cream sandwich? I like ice cream.

Since there is a lot of confusion regarding these phones and compatibility with various carriers, what is Woot’s return policy if this phone does not work with my carrier?

Sorry, our return policy is pretty limited (and can be found here), we really encourage checking with your carrier before buying.

Page Plus works over the Verizon network, which is a CDMA network, not GSM, so no, these phones won’t work on Page Plus. This post has it exactly backward:

For a fuller explanation about the networks you can check out that wiki article someone linked above.

Maybe you should get together with that person overseas who posted that they mistakenly bought a Verizon iPhone 4, not realizing that it wouldn’t take a SIM card. Woot has been selling them for $200 recently – maybe the two of you can work something out! People have reported them working just fine on Page Plus.

I thank you very much for the update…I knew I came to the right place!