Samsung Compact Full HD Camcorder

tempting

245 is cheapest buy it now used on ebay, cheapest retailer i see is around 400

i really love that camera!

ugh…there about 134 of these… >.<

I woudl like one of these… but not today. waiting for a ball o crickets

Question. Why does my Twitter feed get the updated Woot before my Web browser. I got the Twitter message of this new woot, refreshed by browser and it was still the old one for at least 30 seconds.

A lot of the online reviews complain about grainy picture quality, especially in low light.

It’s maaaaaaaaaaaaaagic.

So so editor reviews and BAD user reviews. http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camcorders/samsung-hmx-h100/4505-6500_7-33655528.html

I purchased one of these after the last woot offering. Did not get it from woot (preferred) but had no problem with the sale. Paid a bit less than woot.

As many reviews in the previous woot this is not that great in low lighting, but I don’t think anything under $400 is good in low light.

Takes SDHC cards, battery lasts about 1 hr so I bought extra batteries ($8 ea) a wall charger ($5) and I now have a HD camcorder. Not the best, but pretty darn good for under $200.

It supposedly has a 1.8 MB file limit but that is ~30 min of recording in HD. I haven’t hit it. I instead record in short bursts of 5-10 minutes. One great feature I discovered is the ability to combine files in-camera. I record those short bursts of the kids and then combine the files by theme. Easy to then record the theme on the PC to DVD.

I was using Mini DV so for $200 I upgraded to HD and the ability to burn DVD much easier.

If you want a quick upgrade to HD without alot of bells & whistles, go for it. If super-tech is your goal (which is usually my goal) then wait and research. The Sanyo HD1010 or HD2000 are good looking HD cams.

Just buy one so we can moo-ove on!

Web Caching by your Internet provider maybe? I see the same thing from ATT.

You first! nah nah nah

There is not too many camcorders that film good in low light. I have a Canon and paid top dollar for it and it doesn’t mean it films good in low light. I have seen the quality of this and it is good in daylight, great for sports. Good buy for anyone without an HD Camcorder and kids in sports…

There’s a new rule. You can’t ask others to buy one unless you’ve bought the product yourself. :tongue:

[QUOTE=comicscars, post:11, topic:279660]
I purchased one of these after the last woot offering. Did not get it from woot (preferred) but had no problem with the sale. Paid a bit less than woot.

As many reviews in the previous woot this is not that great in low lighting, but I don’t think anything under $400 is good in low light.

Good to have someone on here post information on the featured product. Thanks

This does NOT DO 1920x1080 @ 30p!!!

1920x1080 at 60i, the lower resolutions at 30p or 60i.

do not want. Someone buy these plz.

I just looked up a bunch of HD video tests on YouTube and Vimeo (including low lighting tests). This camera actually seems to get the job done quite well. I’d probably pick it up if I wasn’t looking for a digital still cam with HD video…