Samsung Compact Full HD Camcorder

2 years, one purchase and this is your first post?

This has a digital still camera in it. Pretty good, too, but not as good as my Nikon SLR. Still, 4 MB still camera is available while filming in HD.

Doesn’t look like a good investment to me… too many negatives.

My Void, Thunder! Are you running the whole show today? You been up all night!

Actually…cnet is the ONLY place with bad reviews. Check Amazon or Newegg…

I got this on the last Woot. It’s an OK camcorder and HD makes it even better. Outside, or in in good light, it’s got an excellent picture. The still shots (as easy as pressing a single button) are as good as any 2.2 megapixel camera. I really liked it…except…

It was broken upon arrival. The autofocus didn’t work when zoomed more than 3/4 to full. I decided to keep it since I liked everything else about it. I contacted Samsung, got them to email me a return label, it’s on it’s way back to me as I type. If the autofocus works…I’ll be very happy with it.

Just bought one of these a few weeks back. Great camcorder. Hit or miss low light, but easy to share format unlike some brands that use their proprietary format. Stock 4GB SD memory holds about 45 minutes of video.

If you are planning on spending less that $750 on an HD camcorder than I think this might be a good buy for you. Because most camcorders at this price point lack the sensors to produce good image quality in low-light settings.

Just wanted to see the Avatar.

I wish I didn’t buy the video camera a few weeks ago off of woot! I would have bought this!

anyone have a good woot tracker?

temptinnnngggg

Has anyone actually used one of these outdoors in bright or hazy conditions?
I’ve yet to find a camcorder with a LCD screen you can see well in sunlight…

no. Someone edited my post. My apologies for my post not getting your approval my liege.

In my defense, I have been in college and am now to the point that I can spend money. But thanks for taking the time to check out my history.

WHERE ARE MY PANTS?!. Someone buy these plz.

…yet…it made me giggle…and your response got me thinking…

why is everyone so wrapped up in how long someone has “been here”? Are we all 8 years old again? “I’m better than you are because woot has been my friend longer…”?

Here’s a news flash for all of the “I’m a better wooter” mentalities out there…you can get more than one account!

So even though you think you know it all while dissing someone for only buying one item or WHATEVER realize that gasp it’s very possible that you’re wrong. sheesh. Wooters are turning into such snobs!

climbing down from my soapbox now…good day

freakin’ classic…I hope you bowed down and kissed his toes as well…

Where did you find the $8 batteries? Please post a URL if you have a spare moment. Thanks in advance.

Darn missed the SOG

Some of you have mentioned that there are xxx number of an item remaining. How are you all seeing this?

I would buy one but I just capitalized on someone else’s bad luck. Got a canon for a steal just because the guy had lost his job and didn’t have money to feed his kids. If this economy doesn’t turn around, woot could go out of business.

must. practice. self. control.

Yeah, but it won’t fit in my pocket. :smiley: