Samsung DualView 12.2MP Digital Camera with Dual LCD Screens and 4.6X Optical Zoom

No you can’t. Well, not a stored video, but you can have it showing your current state, which can be amusing, I suppose.

Hard to believe these are refubs already, as we just bought one new when they came out a few months ago!

Here’s my personal review: bought this as a replacement camera for my shutter-happy 15 yr old. She loves this more than breathing. Like most of her friends, she loves to include herself in the picture, and being able to see what the image is going to be before she flips the camera around is something she loves. The short clown video (about 7 seconds long, loops) is amusing for small children with limited attention span, or also teens with the same limited attention span. Pictures are very good, settings are very simple, and it’s easy to use.

The major weakness of this camera is night shots. Despite a setting specifically for fireworks, it takes rotten night pictures. If those are important to you, steer away from this camera. The shutter just does not know how to handle night shots correctly.

If one of these cameras is used to photograph another one of these cameras and they are both focused on each of the other’s front-facing screens then both parties will go back in time.

Does anyone know if this thing can zoom while taking video? Most of the cameras I’ve seen which also do video can’t.

It’s giving the pixel rating. It’s very small, but good enough. It’s there for really the purpose of seeing yourself in a picture before you snap it - plus the silly clown loop video to distract small children.

Yea but if your len is crappy, you get crappy pics no matter if you have the best tripod and lighting in the world.

You’re assuming Woot is using a $5000 camera.

Shouldn’t these small cameras sell for $24.99, and not $124.99?

People already have iPhone4’s that can do the same stuff (dual lens camera to do self-portraits) and so much more like a computer!

It can. I didn’t know, so went and got the camera and it does. Daughter also didn’t know…she’s happy she has a new feature on her toy =)

My friends similar Samsung with 2 LCD screens cannot zoom in while taking video. His may have been a different model but I bet they are similar in features.

cycle time anyone?

4 stars is about the best rating I’ve seen on any camera with 35 reviews.

Even Newegg doesn’t have 1 egg review.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830144226&cm_re=Samsung_TL220-_-30-144-226-_-Product

for those confused on the dual screens, think about it, How does every single girl take a picture with a group of their friends?

All that Retrevo stuff

You’re assuming they’re not? Well, i’m not assuming they are, either. I just took the worst-case (most expensive, in this instance, camera), for the list price of the newest DSLR made by Canon/Nikon/etc.

Exactly. This is why my daughter loves the thing.

And to avoid creating a seperate post, let me elaborate on the “animation” that the description has.

When you push the front LCD button, it goes between 3 modes: off, animation, and LCD (showing what you’re about to shoot). The animation is of a little clown that is trying to juggle and fails. It’s good for getting attention, as it’s largish and big on the primary colors. The little children in our family love it, and it makes them laugh when he drops the balls, which is a good time to take the picture!

No personal experience, but one of the reviews on Amazon says it will, but the audio cuts out while it zooms. Bummer. I am passing on this one.

Manufacturers site has downloadable animations you can add to the camera.

Here’s the manual (different model number in Europe).

First Woot comment ever! Bought this camera at Best Buy for close to 300 dollars. I love this camera. The pictures are amazing and it does do HD video. This price is an absolute steal.

Yes, it does zoom without any video or audio stutter.