Samsung Galaxy 64GB S8/S8+(VZW&GSM)(S&D)

Samsung Galaxy 64GB S8/S8+(VZW&GSM)(S&D)

HI Woot - hopefully an easy question - what is the difference between refurbished and scratch&dent? thanks!

The 8S model has a color called Orchard Grey - is that a typo? Should it be orchid grey? According to the Samsung page - only colors available are black, orchid grey, silver or coral blue.

Thanks – Karmen

It is definitely a typo😂

Refurbished is usually reconditioned to a new stage, like no scratches or no signs of use, or sometimes just a part has been replaced to its working condition, we could simply call it repaired.

Scratch and Dent means the item you will receive have scratch or scratches, dent or dents on it, no cosmetically it will not be reconditioned.

Does it make sense?

Received the S8+ from this woot as a gift, it arrived DOA, instructions inside gave a tech support # who passed the buck back to woot.

Now woot is leaving me hanging because it was a gift.

Hi there. I looked at the responses from customer service. They were asking if you could get the person who purchased the item for you to contact Woot CS. This is for security purposes to verify the purchase.

Without that or you pointing us in the right direction, we have no way to verify that the item was a Woot purchase.

Meet CS halfway and we’ll try to work with you.

As I told CS , they JUST left on vacation they are out of touch for at least 10 days.

I tried several ways to meet halfway, you are the ones who are rigid and won’t move a single inch.

Sad, as I just looked, I’ve been wooting since 2005, and this is the first time I’ve ever felt totally let down by woot.

Oh also, I have TONS possible ways to verify the purchase, including the bad item in hand (the direct purchasers is family that share the SAME last name as me)

I just can not get a email from their address until they return.

We can’t exchange or refund an item without verifying that it was bought from us. Every online retailer would ask the same.

Send an email to CS stating that you’ll be back in touch when your brother is back in the country.

Yeah I can see how difficult it can be to verify it was purchased from woot, especially when I still have the original confirmation emails, order numbers, oh and the original woot package it was sent in. :roll_eyes:

Well, the saga continues: family who gifted me the phone did reach out to woot/amazon, and now they are getting the cold shoulder.

And I’m am now a week+ with no phone.

So what is the definition of meeting halfway? Do I need to get the phone repaired and just suck it up?

Hello there. Your brother contacted us 3 days ago and we told him that we would contact the vendor to see if they had replacements.

Today, your brother contacted again asking for an update. The vendor hasn’t gotten back to us so we gave your brother a return label.

I’m sorry for the frustration but we’ve been quick to respond despite needing to follow a few policy/security rules.

strange, the vendor got back with me right away. maybe I’m just lucky with everyone except for woot.