Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 13" 8GB 256GB

Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 13" 8GB 256GB

Same as the other one:

1080p screen? Check
4k Screen? Big Check.
Chromebook still supported by Google for 4+ years? Check
Priced similar to other Chromebooks? NOPE!

At this price point, you’d be better off buying a full blown laptop. For what it does, a ChromeBook does NOT need an i5 processor (like this one has).

I wouldn’t buy this one ONLY because it’s overpriced for what it does.

Woot Staff: The End Of Life date should be at the top of the specs; it’s the single most important spec when buying a Chromebook/box ESPECIALLY considering Chrome based devices have a limited update lifetime (6 years from the first date of manufacture). I see you’ve started putting the information in blue and while that’s a start, the information is still at the bottom of the specs.

1080p screen

No, more like 4k AMOLED screen which is the main attraction of this device anyway and why the cost is that much. Depends on what you are looking for, personally I have an oled laptop myself and I don’t think I’ll be able to go back to anything else, the contrast and colors are that good.

1 Like

Thanks, fixed. I haven’t yet seen a CB on Woot with a 4k screen.

I would agree on getting a 4k screen on a laptop but I wouldn’t spend the money to buy a 4k screen on a piece of hardware that has a clearly defined 4 year shelf life. I know you can argue that “all technology has a shelf life”, however, I can almost guarantee that if you bought a 4k laptop at the same time as this the laptop would be supported for much longer than this CB.