Samsung Galaxy Gear S w/Curved Super AMOLED Display

That’s an R750A.
It may or may not make a difference to the buyers, but that version is the AT&T version. Not sure if there are any other differences besides the carrier.

If it’s still available, Warehouse Deals had the Silver Gear S2 with the white band for 139 yesterday. I think they must have ran over a pallet with their robots or something as there were probably 100 of them at that price, all with various degrees of scratching. I found one with just box damage for that price. If you look hard enough you’ll find some with a scratch on the back or scratches on the “Accessories”

Edit: They appear to be gone, though there are a few for 147.

I have the AT&T version of this watch, but I do not have a SIM card for it. I use it connected to my Samsung Note 3 via bluetooth. I find the watch to be very useful, but a tad bulky.

I use the watch to send and receive texts. I also use the heart rate monitor and the pedometer. It also reminds me of calendar events.

I am not a heavy texting/phone user and I can get two days from the watch on a charge if need be, although I generally charge it daily. The charger contains a battery of its own and it snaps onto the back of the watch.

I’m probably the target audience for your comment. Can you recommend a good place to start looking/comparing smartwatches (other than the obvious newegg/amazon comparison options)?

thanks.

You might want to try going to a physical Best Buy store and check some out in the flesh. That way you can see side by side how the sizes/features/etc. measure up before taking the plunge online. I’ve had some pretty fantastic experiences with the floor employees at Best Buy being knowledgeable about all the products they offer. :slight_smile:

My suggestion would be to first compare operating systems. What you learn there will guide you to which smartwatches to look at and compare. IMO, the best way to begin is to simply enter “tizen vs android wear” in your browser and you will discover a plethura of helpful articles. Knowing what you want to be able to do with a smartwatch will be a help when reading the articles. In addition, if you have a ceiling on what you want to spend, that too will determine which way to go.

If your world is android, that is, if you have an android phone and use google apps, you will probably want to look harder at the functions of the Android Wear OS. There are many watches to choose from using this OS ranging from $129 to $300-$400.

If you really use Samsung products a lot then you may be satisfied with Tizen. The newest Samsung watches are well made and attractive but pricey. And the Gear 2 now uses a rotating bezel to select what apps to run. As anyone, even salespeople at Best Buy, will tell you, if you want to do a lot verbally, “OK Google” is significantly more powerful and useful compared to Samsung’s S Voice app.

If your an IOS user, you also have a number or options.

As I said earlier, I chose Android Wear because Google is actively improving it constantly. Also, I have been using Android and Google apps for years. But for my first foray into the smartwatch world I didn’t want to spend a lot, ya know, just in case I didn’t take to it. So I went with what many consider one of the “best buys” in the android world and purchased an ASUS ZenWatch 2. It retains a rectangular face and is available in two sizes, supposedly mens and womens. It can be purchased new for as little as $129, including a slick magnetic charging adapter. Everybody has there own favorites, and I like the looks of many of the new round designs, but I couldn’t be more pleased with my ASUS. It’s IP rated against moisture and dust, has a stainless steel case, many interchangeable bands that can be changed without tools, uses Gorilla Glass 3 on the face, has a large easy to read face (I bought the large, 1.63" model) and as many watch faces available as one could want. I made the right choice for me, hope you do the same and hope something I said was helpful. Best of Luck!