Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G 128GB Unlocked

Will this work with Tmobile?

The full specs for this phone can be found at Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Phones Support | Samsung Care US I purchased this phone when it was offered a few weeks ago, for $50 more. Samsung offered some good deals with a trade in. Other than that, this is the best deal I’ve seen for it. So far, I have been very pleased with mine. As for the questions above, it’s unlocked so it should work on any network you have a sim card for, including T-mobile and Verizon. Double check at the link above but it should be the US version.

I bought the same phone on Woot a month ago, and it was $100 more expensive at the time. It works great, it is CDMA or GSM compatible, and I use it on Sprint/T-mobile.

In my view this is a great deal. Why this phone vs a newer S21 model? This has a slot for a storage card, which is important to me and the S21 does not.

I sold my Note 8 on Swappa for $210 bringing the cost down further. Way better deal than what Sasmsung offers

Yep, I had to get the NYS Attorney General to help me out over a trade in issue a few years ago. I will NEVER do a trade in with them again.
Boy they moved fast once the AG sent them a letter.

Same here… Wish I had waited lol

OK, I jumped. Coming from a S9+ and had been waiting on the S21 but not happy with the removal of the SD card and MST. Next alternative was going with a Google Pixel but I feel like the 5 was a bit too budget and I’d have to wait until October for the 6. I’m actually OK with my current phone, but really want to upgrade the camera.

Was considering the Galaxy S20 Ultra but this Note has a slight spec bump. Too bad it’s only 128 GB storage but I can live with that since the micro SD card is still there. Also good that this is being sold as “new” so my credit card doubles the warranty “just in case.”

Time to look for a new case…

1 Like

I’ve watched tons of reviews on the S21 Ultra, and you’re right, it IS better, but only marginally. IMHO not enough to justify paying another $400 without a trade-in, plus $70 for the non-bluetooth S-Pen and case. With the WOOT deal, I can can still sell my S20 Ultra and be out of pocket maybe $300 for the Note 20 Ultra. THAT makes dollars and cents.

What providers does this work with?

I had planned on buying this but I just checked with Samsung and WOOT is not a Samsung Authorized Seller, so they may not honor the 1 year warranty. Also if you purchase with a credit card that extends the warranty, they may not honor it as well since the seller isn’t authorized.

if that’s the same listing/ sale then they are listing a used/return/remanufactured as new
normal on woot though.
model number is showing on woot though now for this sale
and that model IS US version unlocked
you can view on samsung directly - the entire model number tells you everything you need to know about phone version.
Model Number: SM-N986UZNAXAA

"
$799.99

$1,299.99 38% off List Price

Condition: New

Size: 128GB

Carrier: Unlocked

Color: Mystic Bronze

Screen Size: 6.9 inch

Model Number: SM-N986UZNAXAA
"

1 Like

That may be true about only Verizon devices using mmWave technology (AKA Ultra Wideband). That’s very fast, but only available in parts of some cities. Verizon’s “nationwide” 5G is supposedly 4G LTE with less latency.

See Verizon vs T-Mobile vs AT&T: here's how the three 5G networks compare after the latest breakthroughs - PhoneArena for more information.

No idea if anyone still looks at this after the sale is done but I got my phone a few hours ago and the model number listed matches the one on the box.

The phone appears to be new with 2 security plastic seals. Plastic on front and back of the phone but not top or bottom. Some lint under the front plastic sheet.

4 Likes

Can anyone at WOOT officially respond how the warranty is handled considering Samsung is disavowing Woot as an official channel and thus we’re not eligible for coverage? This is kind of important!

1 Like

Ha! That reminds me when DVD players first came out. I bought everyone in my family one for Christmas. Back then I think they were like $250 each or so? Can’t remember anymore. Eventually these things dropped down to like $25 and nowadays who even has one?

After driving a 2005 Tundra for 10 years (loved it!) I thought I wanted a New Truck, but Smaller, and bought a 2019 Ranger Lariat! It had NO CD Player! My Tundra had a CD player AND a Cassette player!
A year later…I Traded the Ranger for a 2018 F-150…went Back one year…to get a CD Player! (Well…that And a Better Truck!!)
:cowboy_hat_face:
^^X^^
(Oh…got the phone today…Very Purdy!!)

Hi everyone, I bought this phone on 2/21 and received an opened box with only a charger in it. There was no phone. The shipping box was sealed and weighed 0.7 lbs as indicated on the tracking page. I found the gross weight should be around 1.1 lbs for this phone including the box and accessories. Did anyone meet the same issue? Thanks!

Well crap. That’s not right. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Since you’re here, can you comment on the warranty issue? The listing said it’s one year by Samsung but Samsung is saying sales on Woot are not warranted. Need some clarification on this.

As advertised, our deal on Sunday Feb 21st for the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra comes with a 1 Year Samsung Manufacturer warranty. As with most electronic devices, make sure you register it with the manufacturer. If you experience any problems, you can always reach out to Woot Customer Service”

1 Like

I got a TV wall mount instead @ThunderThighs definitely weighs WAY MORE than the 1 lb stated above - per the website 7.45 lbs Tilt TV Wall Mount for TVs up to 90" Ideal for above fireplace mounting
I could buy a “like new” one on Amazon for less than $32…so over an $810 discount and I don’t have a TV this size

BTW I saw gluten free and thought what food item did I buy that I don’t remember - double disappointment