Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Fully Unlocked)(Scratch & Dent)

Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Fully Unlocked)(Scratch & Dent)

Didn’t the S10 just come out?

It’s last year’s model, and Samsung has a launch event for the next generation in ~2 weeks.

2 Likes

i did not know that.

The only thing that bothers me is the battery % rate. It states as being tested to at least 85%. It would be nice if the % was higher.

Modern batteries in these units use battery chemistry such as Li-Ion/Li-poly that will always wear over time and shorten its maximum capacity as a result. Buying a used phone means you’re accepting this fact.

Further, I don’t know that measuring the difference between 85% capacity and 87%/90%/93% capacity will even matter in typical daily use. Focus more on the discount you’re getting rather than minutia you probably won’t even notice after some time.

Having said that, a far more important specification that you should actually be focusing on is the fact that this is the international version of the model G975F with the lower spec Exynos 9820 chipset and lesser Mali-G76 MP12 GPU. Understand the difference between the Exynos and the Snapdragon and the Mali and the Adreno, which is the difference between the int’l version and the G975U version. Woot’s specification listing for this and a handful of other S&D mobile phones for sale often do not explicitly mention the lesser hardware in the devices, only listing the model number such as G975F, leaving it to the buyer to be intentional about the due diligence they should be doing.

Ref: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s10+-9535.php#sm-g975f/ds

1 Like

From the specs tab.

Chipset Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) - USA/China
CPU Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485) - USA/China
GPU Adreno 640 - USA/China

This is the Snapdragon/Adreno version.

2 Likes

I think I read that this phone has a learning technology where the battery ‘learns’ your habits and somehow it increases longevity, maybe?

Perhaps that was the newer version that comes out next… I dunno. I can’t keep track of all the tech stuff at this point. :confused:

As an engineer there is an old joke: Can the end user figure out how to use the device and is happy with the function? Yes? Then we obviously need to add more features.

2 Likes

A great variation on a classic: “If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is…” :wink:

1 Like

Sounds good, but I’d still rather have a phone with a battery with a little more strength right from the start. As I said, Samsung and other phone manufacturers are building their phones with built in obsolescence. When the battery is depleted through long term usage, the phone is basically rendered junk. Used to be one could get spare OEM batteries. No more. I think I’ll pass.

Bought an S10 last month at Costco brand new in the box for a little less than this. Verizon.

Ha. understand completely. I want to know why woot can’t seem to get their hands on the note 9 very often… I’ve been holding out and waiting for that one.

I love my note 9. It’s worth the wait.
I bought mine from Sprint though. I…um… like the abuse. Please help me. Er um. Yeah.

But really. I have no regrets getting the 9.

1 Like

perhaps but with a contract - the S10+ with Qualcomm chip 855 at $479 is a decent deal.

Why does it take 2 weeks to ship?

It says it is fully unlocked, but will it work with Sprint’s specifications?

Thanks so much for the info! They’ve been on here a couple times but the first few times, I didn’t like the price. The last time or two, they sold out before I saw them. :frowning: I’m keeping an eye out though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Morning. It ships within a couple days. The estimated time is worst case and includes transit time.

1 Like