Samsung Galaxy S10 (Your Choice) (S&D)

Samsung Galaxy S10 (Your Choice) (S&D)

This is a decent phone given it probably still has a couple years of security updates coming. I got good luck with my two scratch and dent purchases. There really weren’t any scratches on the devices I had. Just a modest amount of battery us (89% in the pixel 86% in the Note 9).

This has an 855 processor the same one in the surface duo. But unlike newer Samsung devices this still has a headphone jack, expandable storage. It might even have a capacitive fingerprint sensor which I personally prefer. But don’t quote me on that.

2 Likes

I know that it says “your choice” of carrier, but will this work on both GSM and CDMA networks? Verizon?

Hi there. Looks like we’re only selling “Fully Unlocked” this time which means it will work on both GSM & CDMA.

You should always check with your carrier first if you have concerns about compatibility.

I purchased this phone when it was offered as the daily electronics sale two weeks ago.

Here were my comments then (as updated) from the message thread then:

My phone was delivered 36 hours after I made the purchase. It was stored in a generic phone box, accompanied by a generic USB cable, a generic 2100 mA power adapter and a SIM tray opening tool. There was no user manual or quick start guide.

The box contained a six page brochure from Kiss Electronics of New York City, informing me that my “device is covered by a 90-day, hassle-free return/replacement warranty.” Unfortunately, the Kiss Electronics retail store has closed and their web site has been taken down. I suspect the Woot 90 day warranty will be applicable if I need to call upon it. The Kiss Electronics brochure makes no mention of scratches or dents, describing the product only as “refurbished” and promising that it is fully functional.

If my phone has any scratches or dents, I am unable to find them. The phone looks beautiful. I am not an expert, but I have run a few diagnostic tests, and nothing appears to be wrong. I do not see any dead pixels. The app AccuBattery informs me that my battery is at 87% of the stated original capacity. The phone is the model SM-G973U1 which is the unbranded model, without carrier-installed bloatware. The phone is carrier unlocked.

I have possessed the phone for one day. There is plenty of time for something to go wrong. For now, I believe that I have purchased a former $900 phone for $200 plus shipping and state sales tax. Although the phone is 2 1/2 years old, its battery capacity is still good. It is running Android 11 and is scheduled to be upgraded to Android 12 before the end of the calendar year. Although Android 12 is the last promised operating system upgrade, Samsung has promised that the S10 family of phones will receive monthly security updates for the next 18 months, until February of 2023.

As of today, I am a satisfied customer. (Update, 12 days later: The screen is a magnet for my fingerprints and it requires constant attention. That is my only complaint).

3 Likes