Samsung Galaxy S4 Unlocked GSM (S&D)

Per the features.

Scratch & Dent: These units have been restored to full working order. They may have minor cosmetic blemishes to the body of the unit and surface scratches on the screen. This will not impair use of the device.

Yep…these are Verizon phones. Wish I had seen the comments before I wasted my money…phone won’t let me change the APN. Once again, WOOT disappoints. No idea why I keep giving you guys a chance. Guess I’m just dumb!

Despite this being a GSM phone and very clearly stating it will work with T-Mobile network, I can confirm upon receiving this purchase that it is a Verizon phone and will not work with T-Mobile. Woot has agreed to a refund but other buyers beware…

Thank you for your post.
Are you able to specify this procedure with a metro pcs network? I purchased this one with the hopes of it NOT being a Verizon model, for I already possess an “unlocked” S4 which indeed works with the t-mobile/metro network (I can browse the web, make calls, etc), but I can’t send SMS or MMS to others through the default messaging app unless it’s on 3G at that moment (though I can receive SMS at all times)–and it’s usually on 4GLTE. Interestingly enough when I make phone calls the signal always switches to 3G or H+ which allows me to send messages if I please during that time. And after hanging up, it switches back to 4G.

Now that I’ve unwrapped it and have seen the words I feared (Verizon), I am confronted with a deep sense of disappointment.

p.s. I’ve tried the t-mobile website’s tips on apn settings and all, but it hasn’t seemed to work. I will continue trying, however.

Yup, mine is locked to the Verizon network. Thanks Woot. :frowning:

You may need to set the APN settings to select the desired network. You’ll find it in Apps, Settings, More networks.

You can google for more information.

Same here. Hoping for refund. Unbelievable.

Despite not being able to send SMS, all functions work properly for my T-Mobile line. The phone is indeed Verizon manufactured, but works well for me (except SMS texting, which is becoming frustrating)
EDIT: awful experience. It will block texting and signal in many places that has reception for t-mobile (my carrier), and thus this phone has become a great burden after being promised as a fully-functional, unlocked phone.

The one I received is not the advertised model - it’s an SCH-I545, Verizon branded and apparently locked to the Verizon network.

Out of the box it doesn’t work on T-Mobile, or anything other than Verizon - it may work if rooted, I guess, but the internet tells me support will be iffy.

Rooting does not void the warranty?

Like several other commenters, I wound up with an S4 originally sold as a Verizon model. I have been using it with an AT&T SIM card, and it works fine as a cell phone and an Android tablet. But just this week I discovered that I could not update the software or, presumably, get a proper data connection with the AT&T network. So last night I complained to Woot and asked for return authorization.
And today, to my great surprise, I got permission to return it, an RMA number, and a free return sticker. And this is just short of 90 days since I bought it. Terrific!!
FYI, the phone was almost immaculate. I never would have guessed that it was a scratch-and-dent.