Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 16GB - S&D

Does anyone have any experience with these “scratch and dent” models? In terms of physical condition, how good or bad are they?

Can you use these phones on the Virgin Mobile network?

I see it doesn’t list CDMA and Verizon is not a major carrier. However it lists 4G LTE bands 4 and 7 which are 2 Verizon does use… Also, while it is listed under GSM, Verizon’s CDMA uses 850 and 1900MHz frequencies listed.

Does anyone know if this will work with Verizon? Thanks

More to the point, what is the specific model of this Galaxy S5 Unlocked Device? SM-G900[?]

It would be nice to list the carriers these work with. How about Sprint?

Same question. I’m fine with refurbished but “S&D” could mean anything.

Anyone have a clue which is better? the 4s seems to have a lot more things listed, Not sure if Cricket wireless will support this… I sure hate my ZTE phone, It decided to completely drop all my contacts, photos, you name it, Like a Virgin Phone all over! UGH

Specs call out AT&T and T-Mobile.

Is this full speed on T-Mobile?

There is a difference between G5 phones for the networks they are to work with. I think youd be better off looking for a sprint or verizon specific unlocked galaxy.

I have cycled through different Galaxy phones, the S5 is by far the best. The S6 might technically be faster, but the base case for it is several steps backwards (not dust proof, not water resistant, just pointlessly heavy for no other reason than to be heavy).

No-I wanted to get an unlocked phone but they only let you use their branded phones.

Agreed, the S6 and forthcoming S7 are missing replaceable battery and SD card support. Both are deal killers to me. Would be nice if the S5 had optical image stabilization for the camera though.

You can get the S4 and S5 for the same price through Groupon… Run on FreedomPop service provided by sprint which has a no fee option that I use. Get it as a backup phone same price and comes with some limited service and free phone number

This model (SM-G900T) is the T-Mobile model. That’s what the T stands for.

I purchased this same S5 deal from Woot back in December, except it was $199.99 back then.

Mine arrived with a new battery, new back, and new charger. The only scratch and dents I could see, were the small door that covers the USB port, had a few scratches where it had been opened and closed a few times, and a small scratch in the screen near the bottom. The scratch cannot be seen when the screen is on. It can only be seen when the screen is off, and the phone is tilted “just right”. It does not diminish the use of the phone.

I was using a S4 before I purchased the S5. My wife now has the S4.

Works great on the T-Mobile service. Haven’t tried it on anything else.

There is an active forum on XDADevelopers that has instructions on using this on AT&T, Cricket, etc. This phone can also be easily rooted, and have different ROMs flashed, since T-Mobile doesn’t have locked bootloaders.

This is the last Samsung flagship that has a MicroSD card and a removable battery.

Rob

Per the features.

Scratch & Dent: These units have been restored to full working order. They may have minor cosmetic blemishes to the body of the unit and surface scratches on the screen. This will not impair use of the device.

No. Virgin is CDMA network. These phones are GSM.

These phones do not support Tmobile new Band 12, used for data and voLTE.

If Band 12 is not in your location, then it does not matter.

Short answer is: Full speed but without Band 12 support.

Beware buying inexpensive phones online… There are many knock-offs of the Samsung Galaxy phones, I almost got stuck with one I bought off of eBay, fortunately I was able to return it and the seller was forced to give my money back…

Anything outside of the US is not built to US standards, often the processors are slower, the screens are sub-par and the flash won’t light up bright enough to see if you lit the candle in your dark room…

• SM-G9006V_CHN_CHN (China)
  • SM-G9008V_CHN_ZM (China)
  • SM-G9009D_CHN_CTC (China)
  • SM-G900A_NA_ATT (AT&T)
  • SM-G900D_JPN_DCM (Japan)
  • SM-G900F_EUR_XX (Open Europe)
  • SM-G900H_EUR_XX (Open Europe)
  • SM-G900I_SEA_XSA (Asia)
  • SM-G900J_JPN_KDI (Japan)
  • SM-G900K_KOR_KTC (Korea)
  • SM-G900L_KOR_LGC (Korea)
  • SM-G900M_LA_VF (Vodafone)
  • SM-G900P_NA_SPR (Sprint)
  • SM-G900R4_NA_USC (US Cellular)
  • SM-G900S_KOR_SKC (Korea)
  • SM-G900T_NA_TMB (T-Mobile)
  • SM-G900V_NA_VZW (Verizon)
  • SM-G900W8_NA_BMC (BMC)

[MOD: Ours are for the USA market. All the phones you mention are made for Samsung for their various international markets though.]

I bought the S5 from Woot about a month ago (but it was $199). Had a plethora of tiny scratches on the screen, that could be seen at certain angles. However, when I applied the screen protector that was included with my Otterbox cover (purchased separately), the scratches disappeared. Phone works great. Still has moments of delay like my S3, but I’m blaming that on an app that was transferred to the new phone. Overall, I think this was an excellent purchase.