Samsung Galaxy S5 Unlocked 16GB (S&D)

I got this phone a few months ago. It looked brand new, works well, so far so good…Sry to hear Princess only got a $16.00 refund. That sounds jacked up, especially if the 90 day crappy WOOT wty was still in effect. I also added square trade just in case. The only issue I have noticed is when texting, it jumps a few letters on occasion, but that could be me. So, I had mine turned on to Cricket, no charge, and at first the TMOBILE updates kept wanting to load. I guess I turned it off… GL. Sry to hear about so many bad experiences… Knock On Wood, so far so good here. at least 6 months.

I have gotten that same response, that they didn’t have a replacement. Interesting that they have gone up for sale again… Might be worth Complaining about??? Try to trade that crappy $16.00 refund in on another phone?

When I started a job a few years ago they had iphones on ATT (IT/IS Firm)… i turned mine back in the next day and said it was unusable… which it was, it was an iphone 4s.

The next week we got all Galaxy 5s Refurbs… all looked mint (not all refurbs look mint but they did) and are all still in use today (8 of them) with no issue… damn good phone.

Thank you for the information, I was thinking of getting one and now see that it’s not compatible with Sprint. Oh well.

I’m an iPhone guy but I shattered my screen a few days ago. I don’t want to invest in a new iPhone so close to the iPhone 7 release, so I picked this up to hold me over for ~6 months. My other option was to replace the screen on my iPhone 6, but I figured for roughly the same price, I’d give this android a whirl. I haven’t had an Android in a few years. I am a serious tech guy and usually opt for open source/ Linux, but You really can’t beat iPhones for their usability and design. Who knows, maybe 6 months back on Android will change my mind, but I doubt it. I am, however, looking forward to the change of pace, and you can’t beat this price.

Km

I ordered one white and one black. They arrived today but according to my daughter and husband, they are in very bad condition and seem to be locked to t-mobile. Our sim cards are AT&T so this won’t work. I am still at work so when I get home I will be checking them out for myself. Probably will be requesting to return for refund or replacement.

I have always had very good luck with refurbished items in the past. This is very disappointing.

Is there some way to check to make sure your support ticket went through?

I seem to have been kicked out when I tried to submit, but I am not able to start a new ticket on this product.

I did not get any email confirmation of my ticket. I don’t know if I should. This is my first time submitting one to WOOT.

Anyone??

Thanks!

Take a peek at your spam/junk folder in your email; our messages to there regularly. Otherwise, you can email support@woot.com directly with your order info.

Just received mine and guess what it is NOT unlocked. T Mobile does NOT unlock phones unless you have an account with them. Dammit

Oh man, sorry! Please email support@woot.com with your order info; CS can get you squared away.

Thank you for your response. It was not in my SPAM folder. I will try the direct email.

I received this phone today. It didn’t acknowledge my SIM card from another compatible phone. After over an hour with AT&T tech support (my current carrier), turns out the phone IS NOT UNLOCKED from T-Mobile. AT&T can’t help, and T-Mobile won’t unlock it unless I have a current account.

I emailed WOOT, but until they resolve this problem, the phone is unusable.

NOT COOL WOOT!

It’s also worth noting that the phone came with a no-name charger and USB cable. It seems to charge V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y

Hang in there! Customer Service can take up to 24 hours to respond, but they should be able to help you. Just don’t forget to check your Spam folders- sometimes our replies get tangled up there.

It’s been over 24 hours but no response yet. I’d sure like to use this phone some day. Is anyone working in support this weekend???

Sadly, we don’t have a customer service number.

I’m sorry that our CS team is taking so long to get back to you. I think the holiday has them a bit short-staffed. Please remember to check your Spam folder for our emails- sometimes they get caught there. Again, I’m really sorry they’re taking longer than normal to get back to you.

I received this S&D offer yesterday. So far so good, I had to have the sim card cut down to fit and the folks with the bright yellow price tag were very helpful.
Well it definitely has front damage on three corners of the bezel, ironically the back of the Bezel is nearly perfect, which explains the new screen with factory sticker. It also appears to have come with a new back. The battery seems to be holding a good charge, still looking at those results.
It has the charge port cover even if it doesn’t want to stay closed.
I’m using this on ATT and it seems to be working fine. No issues so far other than it had several updates received through WiFi from T-Mob (thank you, glad it was my day off) and now its updated to Android 5.1.1
Also picked up a T-Mob Note 4 for my lovely wife on woo7, she’s having the same experience but a little less satisfaction with the battery.
I’ll try to follow up if anything changes.

Well, I’m sending mine back because it’s SIM locked and neither T-Mobile (the phone brand) nor AT&T (my carrier) nor Samsung it willing or able to unlock it. This is bad business to advertise it as “unlocked” when it’s not.

I’m done with Woot. Too many problems lately, and the deals aren’t all that great either.

The phone I received was beat to hell. It looked like someone had chewed on the corners of the phone and the outside bezel is bent and chipping off the silver almost everywhere. May have been better off on Craigslist.