Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

i own a galaxy and one thing this has is a IR blaster and functions as a universal remote. Peel app uses your zip and downloads your channel line up with cool little show pics that you click on.

Its cool but im eyeballing the kindle hd.

M

How about the Samsung Media Hub? Any good?

I had Media Hub on my Samsung Vibrant, and I liked the interoperability between it and my Tab (1st gen). However, with Google Play, I feel like if anything it’s a crutch, since if you want to go with anything non-Samsung in the future you’ll have to go to your old device for your movies.

That’s because they are tablets, not phones, with much larger batteries. The charge plugs for all decent tablets are higher power than a similar one for a similar phone. Use the big one for a tablet.

“Messaging Options: Email; Corporate Email; Instant Messaging; Swype™”

“Swype” …??

I’m assuming its Skype.

I’m thinking the large one would be o.k. for the phone and kindle, too, then.

Nope. Swype is an alternate keyboard. I prefer Flex T9.

Probably you could hack it to do so. But not officially, yet. Samsung seems close to a real update.

Should be, depends on the unit. I’m most familiar with iPhones, for example: the first one or two versions didn’t work properly with iPad chargers, but all the still-sold versions do.

I actually use an after-market charger that takes 4 USB cables at once. Although if charging a tablet I don’t plug anything else at the same time. And reviews suggest they burn out if maxed out, so I try to keep it to 3 or fewer smaller devices at once.

Best.

Write-up.

Evar.

Doesn’t fit the naming schema…

C-- Cupcake
D – Donut
E – Eclair
F – Froyo
G – Gingerbread
H – Honeycomb
I – Ice Cream Sandwich
J – Jellybean

K-- Key Lime Pie
L – Lollipop or Lychee juice or Lychee jelly cup (exotic Asian fruit)
M –- Milkshake or Marshmallows or Muffin
N –- Nougat (sugar or honey + roasted nuts)
O – Oatmeal Cookie
P – Pumpkin Pie or Peppermint or Pudding
Q – Quiche or Quesadilla (flour or corn tortilla + cheese)
R – Raisin Bread
S – Soufflé or Strawberry shortcake or Soy milk
T – Tiramisu
U – Upside-down Cake
V – Vanilla
W – Waffle
X – Xigua (Chinese watermelon)
Y – Yogurt
Z – Zabaglione (Italian dessert made of egg yolks, sugar, and sweet wine)

You got all this and you weren’t sure about Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich?

Brain meltdown coupled with a lazy google search for most.

/using an ICS phone as we speak. Strange.

Looks like it will get an update afterall, it was slated for August, but now they say October, though rumor has it that it’s been leaked fully functional.

Even when an update comes for this, I’d keep it at 4.0 for now, as Adobe is no longer offering support for Flash past 4.0 if already downloaded, and if not downloaded, they won’t let you download it. There are ways around it, as well as ways to go back to 4.0 if you’ve gone to 4.1 already. I personally think they did it too soon, but hopefully html5 will catch on quickly.
This link may help: Unofficial Flash Downloader keeps Adobe Flash for Android alive(ish) - Liliputing

Edit: Apparently my comment was so awesome, it posted itself twice!

Note: this has a 30-pin dock connector port. Also has microphone which I did not see mentioned in the writeup. Also GPS, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Digital Compass, Proximity.

Here are links to the Samsung site where you can get the specs, more details and user guide.

Manual, downloads and FAQs here
Support Home | Official Samsung Support US?

Here are Amazon reviews and price comparison (around $200)
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-7-Inch-Wi-Fi/dp/B007P4VOWC

And the Newegg listing and reviews. New one priced at $249
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131287

IDK about “awesome”, maybe you should check the link in my post instead.

Oh, and flash media sucks on this tablet. (and everything else) My son basically can’t play any of the flash games he likes and much video is questionable. YouTube is ok. I think Hulu is ok, but he mostly uses Netflix, anyway.

There’s a reason Adobe quit.

I gotta say, I liked X. Creative.

I was jokin’…I fixed it while you were postin’… Yes, Adobe quit Flash with good reason, maybe just a little too soon. There are many webpages that rely on it, some just a bit, but that bit is extremely important. I have an iPhone and a Xoom, and I like the Xoom for the Flash capabilities (and a bit more freedom that I have with it). It has severely handicapped the use of some educational sites that I need to use for nursing… So much that I wish I had a netbook instead.

There’s so much crappy programming out there, I’m glad we have everything at my house. There’s always something that doesn’t work with y, sorta works with x, works with z.

I’ve got OSX, Windows, Android, iOS. And an abacus. And a piece of paper.

Only the paper is failsafe.