Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" Tablet

**Item: **Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" Tablet
Price: $169.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" Tablet)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" Tablet)

Get a closer look and more info on the Product Page

Indepth review and video from NotebookCheck.net

It seems pretty good, but has anyone used one for more than a month or so?

Let’s watch a video [youtube=p3dSk-pEGzU][/youtube]

Pretty good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

and

Nearly perfect reviews (4.9 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

Can anyone tell me if this supports MHL?

This is currently available directly from Samsung for only $5 more including shipping. But hey, save $5 and that’s almost half of a woot-shirt!

I know I’ve asked this before, but I would like to know if this is good for someone who wants a good android tablet to use and to tinker around with (rooting). Could he easily wipe and restore this thing if he fraks it up? I would get this for him for his birthday if it would be a good item for this type of geekery, the price is sure right.

No, unfortunately the SGT-3 7.0" does not support MHL. The SGT-3 8.0" and 10.1" do support MHL though.

I would recommend a Nexus 7 for that.
Very easy to root, unlock the bootloader, and tinker with. And it has Android 4.3 and is pretty much guaranteed to get KitKat (Android 4.4) when it comes out.

$169 for last years model (new) and ~$229 for the 2013 model.

Not quite the deal they crack it up to be, on Samsung factory site
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T210RZWYXAR

it’s listed at $199 retail, buy for 179.99, price fixing falsehood, who says the retail price is $249 so they can make you “feel” like you got a good deal, pretty shady woot!, I gotta wave the BS flag on this one.

Woot is kinda going down hill since sellin out ya think?

But Samsung factory site has free shipping while woot will cost you $5, so that savings is null and void. :slight_smile:

So-so reviews (2.5 out of 5.0) over at techradar.com

and

staples.com says “that’s good stuff”

I’ve had one for almost a month now. It’s a pretty handy tablet, though it’s not perfect. Most Android apps work, though I’ve had issues with The Simpsons: Tapped Out randomly crashing without warning and the Best Buy app won’t ever let me log into my account. Chrome can be a bit laggy at times, but it’s mostly functional. The camera is a bit rubbish, but then again I’ve always kinda laughed at people who use their iPad/tablet as a camera so I’m not really worried, personally. And on occasion it will do this thing where, even though I’ll be touching the screen and doing things, it will still dim the screen and then lock it on me.

In the end, it’s not a bad tablet if you want something relatively cheap and small, but it’s also not the best I’ve ever used.

I have the previous version. It is great for a 7". It would have been nice if the resolution had been increased as it is still 1024 x 600.

Guys… If you are wanting a tablet and are willing to pay a good amount, get the nexus 7 tablet for 229. It’s a beast of tablet.

Why would anyone buy this so close to Black Friday and all the pre-Christmas sales? I want one but I will wait till the real deals start next month. I guarantee these will be found for $30-50 bucks less all over the internet.

It is $10 more from Samsung direct so factoring $5 Woot shipping you save $5 which you can apply towards your next woot-shirt.

/edit - re-read this post and saw woot-raisins haha. Definitely meant shirt.

I definitely have to agree and have a Nexus 7 (FHD/2013) myself.

Nexus 7 (FHD/2013) compared to the Galaxy Tab 3:

+Faster CPU, twice the cores
+Twice the RAM
+Nearly double the resolution (1920x1200 vs 1024x600)
+Twice the storage in the base model
+Supports miracast (can mirror its screen wirelessly to other Android 4.2+ devices)
+Supports slimport (similar to MHL and same physical connection but not compatible)

-Costs slightly more - $229 (16GB) vs $169 (8GB)