Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0" Tablet

It is currently “on sale” at Best Buy for $279.99 so while I understand your point, I don’t quite agree that Woot is trying to pull one over on us.

Everytime I see 7" tablets I always compare them to my Acer A1-810 that sells for $179 has 1GB RAM, 16GB int. storage, microSD expansion to 32GB, android 4.2.2 jellybean. Has a 7.9" screen (and that .9" extra real estate makes a ‘HUGE’ diff.) like the IPad mini, 4:3 aspect (great), 1024 × 768 res., quad core proc., graphics proc., dual cameras, micro USB 2.0 (connect it to my laptop w/it’s charging cable, a microUSB to std. USB, and transfer files as I would w/any external drive), micro HDMI out (I use a lot to connect to my 55" big screen tv when working with groups or showing pictures to family), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, accelerometer, microphone and 3.5mm headphone jack and gets great reviews. I’ve had mine for 5 mo. and use it on avg. 6-7 hrs./day. I’m so happy with mine that I just thought, as a fellow wooter, I would mention it to those who may decide the Galaxy is not for them or those maybe wanting a larger screen for similar money. My tablet is used to it’s (and android’s) max and is rode hard and put away wet everyday and I couldn’t be happier with it’s service.

ACTUALLY - Best buy has it for $179 (SKU: 9329049) - Which is $20 off their normal price. I believe you are looking at the 8" tab (SKU: 9328059).

That said - Costco and Target both also have them for $179 - I highly doubt you’d find one under $160 - even on BF/CM - unless you get in on a limited time (read: Take your life in your hands fighting crowds at wallyworld) deal.

Even with shipping, woot is still winning by $5. However - I’d spend the extra $5 and buy it in store.

Sprint is currently selling this with 4G lTE in addition to 3G and wifi for 49.99. 2 year contract, as low as $5 a month. (100mb I believe). Got the wife one with 2GB data for $15 a month. She loves it.

Also currently $180 at Costco, shipping included

Can’t beat their return policy if you don’t like the tablet.

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-®-3-7.0"-Tablet-WiFi-8GB-Jelly-Bean-4.1.2.product.100070794.html

heck even Bj’s has this a few bucks more, with no shipping…for $2.00 more total
with tax and shipping its no deal… I agree woot has been sketchy of late. you no longer can purchase without researching price… it pretty much just suggests items I may want in life now…then you have to research the price…never had to in the past…

We have the Tab 2 version of this woot - it isn’t a screamer but we got a great price on it and so far the new Android OS versions have been coming regularly. It works fine for typical tablet use. We like that we don’t stress about a greater than $200-500 tablet getting dropped/stolen/lost.

For those folks like us wondering whether an upgrade from the Tab2 to the Tab3 version makes sense, a no-nonsense comparison of the two:
[youtube=a84RiUYKhTE][/youtube]

@kylelmccoy, agreed.

And while these might be found for $150-160 around black friday before taxes/shipping, if you need/want one now and hate watching the clock or waiting in line, why would you wait for such a small price difference?

(BTW, I’m as yankee-thrifty as the next guy but I don’t cut my foot off when my toe hurts!)

I’ve been using mine for about two months or so now and while I’m not unhappy with it, it definitely has some issues. Battery life is not all that great. It is also quite slow. I bought my wife the Nexus 7 woot! had last week or two ago and it’s roughly twice as fast and doesn’t hang between screen touches like the Samsung does. I was a bit annoyed when I compared it to the Nexus. The most recent update improved the speed of the tablet, but it’s still nowhere near as fast as the Nexus. Would I buy it again? I give it a firm “maybe.” Would I rather have a Nexus 1st or 2nd gen? Most definitely.

Question on the Nexus or any tablet for that matter. Can we use the tablets while charging?
I’ll be using it a butt load, weaning off my lappy.

@btb601, yes. But it will slow down the charging vs leaving it alone to sleep.

Not a good deal this same tab is available for $159.00 from Groupon Goods and free shipping…

Old guy here must make choice betw.
today’s tablet OR The Asus 7" memopad
HD 16 gigabite # ME173x-A1-BL (147. Amazon)

1st tablet Need it soon.
Which is better and why. Appreciate any help you techie dudes can be. Thanks in advance. : )

Forgot to paste
http://www.amazon.com/MeMOPad-HD-7-Inch-Blue-ME173X-A1-BL/dp/B00E0EY7Z6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I was doing some research last night and found this Hisense Sero Pro 7" mentioned on a few different websites as one of the best low cost Android Tablets out there. Stellar reviews on WalMart and I can get one at my local store. I’m leaning towards this for DH for his birthday as a tablet to mess around with. He definitely wants the SD card slot.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-Sero-7-Pro-7-Tablet-Quad-Core-Processor-with-8GB-Memory-M470BSA/25427874

@d1575, you are only partially correct. The one I see over there is a refurb.

But @Groupon it is available with color choice.

With free shipping and returns.

Is $15 savings worth it for a manufacturer refurb vs. new?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-1-samsung-galaxy-tab-3-7

Sprint currently has this tablet for $49.99 with a 2 year contract. You can get a $5/month 25MB plan.

That works out to $169+taxes and fees.

@johnvassel posted the same deal above. It does seem like a decent way to get this Tab3… if the Sprint data coverage is solid where you want to use it.

But I suppose even after taxes, you could ignore the cellular data capability and that would still be a fair deal.

http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5596482&pageindex=1&replycount=37#post5596696

Meh, really a dog of a tablet compared to what is out there today. I wouldn’t waste the money on it with so many better offerings on the market.

In my experience modern Android on anything less than 2Gigs of ram is disappointing. If you are an App geek and you load up your tablet you will experience considerable stutter and delay. My previous Tegra 3 (Quad Core) tablet with 1Gig regularly bogs down due to ram being hogged by background processes.

My advice is not to put any money down on an Android tablet running less than 2Gigs of RAM.

Happy Shopping :slight_smile:

Total beginner question here, but I like the idea of slipping in a sim card for phone capabilities. I currently have the Verizon Galaxy Note 2–Verizon customer service says if the sim card fits I can use the Tab 3 for no extra charge to my account. How can I ensure it will fit?
What about the Nexus 7. Does it take a sim card? I would buy that in a heartbeat if I knew I could use it for calls.
Any advice would be mucho appreciated.