Samsung Galaxy View 18" Large-Display Tablet

Samsung Galaxy View 18" Large-Display Tablet

1 Like

I have been wanting one of these for a while. Any idea what grade refurbished this is? It appears to be stick with Android 5.1.

If I’m not mistaken I believe this tablet display only operates in horizontal orientation. Guessing vertical apps will display horizontally with black bars on either side?

Factory Reconditioned would be Grade A.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

According to many mentions on the interwebz, you are correct, there is no portrait mode.

Pity that. I wanted to use it for music song sheets. No better than my 12" tablet if it forces landscape only.

If you’re willing to do a little work on it, you can probably get portrait mode through an alternative firmware.

1 Like

Try a Samsung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 SM-P905v… They r used but also have 4g through Verizon… Pick one up on ebay got mine in pristine shape for $200… But actually dont use it anymore because I bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 through Verizon at a pretty good price and only pay $10 bucks a month unlimited as an add on service to my phone…

I bought one of these a couple of years ago and it’s still running strong. Use it primarily to watch Netflix/Hulu/YTTV. My 7 year old uses it the most and knocks it into walls, etc. and it keeps on running. My only concern is the OS/hardware lifespan going forward.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS CRAP!

The last time WOOT was selling this I bought one. It arrived with a huge crack in the back panel, can’t be updated and is slow as a turtle. Many of the pre installed applications do not work because they are so old AND to add insult to injury you can’t delete them. This is total trash and unless just using for a monitor it total rubbish! Shame Woot shame!

People have different experiences. My wife has used this thing every day for like 3 years straight. It’s probably the most used piece of electronics I’ve ever owned and it does what you need it to do. Mostly for watching video. The OS is very old and there are some alternatives but for now it works fine for me.

I got one on the last go round. I’ve had it for almost a week. Screen is beautiful, everything works fine, and so far (a week), I’m happy with it.

Cons: 1) poor shipping, tab was loosely wrapped w/bubble wrap, kinda rattling around in the box. (seems to be OK)

1. good size triangular shaped crack on the back of the stand. I popped it back in, and it doesn’t appear to affect functionality. Samsung’s QC gets a “C” grade on this.

2. Another QC issue: at the bottom, there is a separation in the case. Maybe the old battery swelled up? Again, maybe not a functional issue, but a BIG miss on QC.

3. $5 cheaper than when I bought mine :rage: :joy:

Bottom line: Happy with it now, may or may not contact Samsung for non-operational flaws. I bought this knowing full well that I may need to do something about the OS in the future, but for now and for what I will use it for, it’s very good.

1 Like

Possibly you might find a way to manually rotate the screen, but according to some comments I found, there is no gyro to sense the orientation of the device, so it won’t rotate automatically no matter what you do.

Ordered this… received it. It looked pristine until I turned it on and saw 3-4 cracks eminating from the middle of the tablet. Had to return it…and they don’t have more in stock. Sucks. I guess I’ll have to stick with my iPad pro.

We have 8 of these in our home. All have been heavily used and 4 have broken screens from misuse/falls. Besides that, they are pretty snappy. I don’t know what people are complaining about apps not being able to be updated. Everything we have been able to update/install through the Play Store, Amazon Appstore and Galaxy App Stores without any problem. They are landscape only, which is notable for apps designed only for mobile devices but there are only a couple that we use. I bought 2 this time around. You can get them on eBay, but usually still close to $300 and above for one in good condition. However, you can get ones with more built in memory and also with an ability to use a cellular network (of course for an extraonthly fee). We use wifi, even though all of our other devices were AT&T able. Most users would be quite content with these as monster Android tablet, because this is almost the only option.

2 Likes