Samsung HW-Q67CT 7.1 Theater System

Samsung HW-Q67CT 7.1 Theater System

Looks like a pretty good deal here… This is like a hybrid/combo system only made available at certain retail stores. It was on sale at Costco for $379 but I think normally its between 420-470. It comes with this awesome soundbar from the samsung 2020 Q series($499-799) lineup and it combines it with the subwoofer from the HW-T550($229). Then It adds the SWA-8500S 2 channel wireless speaker addon ($129), which can be bought separately.

Its like buying the HW-T550 + SWA-8500S but with an upgraded soundbar. This looks to be perfect for a modest sized living room.

The reviews say it sounds great, but alot of folks are having trouble with connecting the wireless addon speakers.

Hopefully, we dont have these issues…

I got my dad a lower end Samsung sound bar and the 8500s at best buy being assured they would work together
My dad spent a long time with support and first they would say they were compatible and then after fighting with the pairing change their mind and say they weren’t
This happened on 4 calls

Best Buy wouldn’t take them back because the packaging was missing and it was over 30 days

So best of luck

2 Likes

Mine was DoA when if arrived today. I guess I’ve learned my lesson with woot refurbishments.

Hi there. I’m sorry for the problem. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Anyone having luck getting the rear speakers to connect?

I got mine yesterday and they work… Had no problem with the setup. I should point out that I do have them connected to a newer model samsung TV, so maybe that made installation easier. Also, I have them in my bedroom, which is a smaller square shaped room.

However, I should point out that this is not a 7.1 theater system. Its bullshit that its allowed to be called that. Correct me if I’m wrong but if it had 7.1 channels it shouldnt it be able to support Dolby Digital Plus and DTS:X, right?

In the manual it says if you have it in either surround or game pro mode and the source audio is 5.1, then it plays it back in 7.1… That makes no sense. Does it mean it upconverts the audio to 7.1? Thats not how it works… Also, it doesnt mention anything about using a 7.1 source and playing it back in 7.1. I guess that would mean it supports Dolby Digital Plus and DTS:X (which it doesnt).

The sound bar with subwoofer by itself kind of suck… The audio sounds muffled and flat and sometimes echoed. Also, you have to max out the subwoofer for them to give you any kind of ummph. My 2.1 computer speakers/sub combo sound alot better. When the rear speakers are hooked up, the system sounds 10 times. It makes the listening experience alot more immersive and picks up the slack for the lack of punch from the subwoofer/soundbar. But is it on par of a true 7.1 system? no, unfortunately, its not.

I’m thinking about returning this system. Will I be allowed to do that?

Yes. Here’s our return policy:

https://www.woot.com/faq?ref=w_ft_bs_rp#what-is-woots-return-policy