Samsung MU6290 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TVs

Anyone know anything about this TV ???

It seems to be a decent TV. Some use it as a computer monitor because of decent color reproduction to edit. The MU6300 is the same model, but with a different amount of HDMI ports (I think).

I have been looking at it for a while to get one for my computer editing.

Here is a link to a website with a good in-depth review of it.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6290

In addition to color reproduction, it also has a PPI which is similar to a 27" QHD (2560x1440) monitor. PPI is important because a 24" 4K monitor has a PPI so dense that you have almost have to use scaling. Scaling will reduce the amount of information you can see, but will increase the perceived quality. Good for pictures/videos, bad for text.

On the other hand, a 55" 4K TV has a PPI that is low enough that you can use it without scaling. The problem is that you have to either sit far away or crane your neck to see the entire screen. Neither is great for ergonomics.

40" 4K hits that sweet spot where the PPI is low enough to use without scaling, but high enough that you don’t need to crane your neck.

Things to keep in mind:

• There is no DP on this. You have to use HDMI 2.0 to get the full 4K@60Hz refresh. HDMI 1.4 (and before) will only do 4K@30Hz or FHD@60Hz.
  • Macs do not do 4K@60Hz over HDMI easily. You have to hack it on using SwitchResX (or so I’ve been told.)
  • This TV does full 4:4:4 Chroma, so text will be crisper than a TV which does chroma subsampling.
  • This TV does not do PIP/PBP. Darn, I can’t watch Netflix in a corner while I should be working.
  • This TV does not have a normal monitor VESA mount (100x100 or lower.) You have to use a TV mount which does 200x200. Well duh, it’s a TV and not a monitor.