Samsung Note 4 32GB Unlocked Smartphone (S&D)

This will not work on the Sprint network. It appears to be primarily for those of you with AT&T or T-Mobile.

Sprint and Verizon cannot use this model.

I purchased the LG G4 that was on electronics.woot a couple of weeks ago. It was supposed to be a “Grade A” refurbished phone. What I received looked like it had been through a war. I promptly returned it for a full refund. I can only imagine how awful these will be.

Thank you Skunk , i have sprint and was about to buy this.

Lollipop, definitely. Marshmallow, only rumors.

Marshmallow has been released for the note 4. Been running it for weeks. This is on a Rogers mobile version.

Actually, a while back Verizon made some adjustments to their network and some GSM LTE phones can work on their network. My Iphone 6s and Moto X Second generation both will,and both were purchased as GSM models because I travel internationally.

All you have to do is put the IMEI here at it will tell you right away if it will work. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) | How To & Deals | Verizon

Can I use this with Straight Talk?

I have an AT&T model that I just upgraded to 5.1.1

This is still a really good phone, superior in many ways to the Iphone 6s plus, particularly the screen which is Amoled and much easier on the eyes.

Notable features besides the pen and screen:
It can control ir devices like TV’s.

Marshmallow is out for it, or should be soon depending on the carrier. So you can control individual app permissions. Marshmallow also fixes most of what was wrong with the original launcher.

It doesn’t have Samsung Pay, but Android Pay works fine and is almost as good.

It doesn’t have TOO much bloatware that can’t be disabled.

Between the screencasting support and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, you could easily have it as your main computer in your pocket if you just want to do stuff on the internet.

No schmuck bait like the breakable pen in the 5’s or the overpriced do-nothing edge feature that’ll be dumped into the 6/7.

If you like softer cases, I reccomend this one: https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Cell®Tri-Shield®Samsung-Kickstand--Protector/dp/B00PCU8AMI

I’ve been running 5.1.1 for a couple of months now on my Note 4 on the T-Mobile network.

I just got the Moto X Pure at Best Buy. Somehow they just charged me $299 for the 32 gig one. It’s the best phone I’ve ever had and has the fairly rare dual sim. It seems that nearly all unlocked phones ignore the CDMA users. I guess Verizon likes to sell their own phones. I’m using it on Tracfone and it works flawlessly. Well, if I can learn how to answer it.

I can’t speak for this particular one, but I bought a scratch and dent S5 a few months back. It was functional, but the screen and the rest of it was in horrible condition. It looked like the previous owner kept it in their pocket along with a handful of gravel. If I could go back, knowing what I do now, I would not buy another S&D from Woot. It’s not worth the risk to me.

This appears to be the T-Mobile variant of the phone, which is good, since it doesn’t have a locked bootloader. The T as the last character indicates it’s T-Mobile.

It also appears that TMo will be coming out with a Marshmallow version of Android - sometime - it took months for the S5 version. Here’s their info: Android Software Updates | T-Mobile Support

The XDA community has lots of info on this phone - how to update, how to root, etc:

FYI, I am on T-Mobile and have a rooted S5 running Marshmallow with a custom kernel, and am active on XDA.

I just looked at the Best Buy prices on the Moto X Pure and they are a little strange. The 32 gig is more than the 64 gig. Internal memory is pretty much a moot point if you don’t mind using the SD memory as internal memory. I’d never heard of this before but I guess it’s part of Marshmallow.

I bought a refurbished Samsung from here a few months ago and it is a crap phone. Lags, shuts itself off, has spazz attacks when I get a text while doing something else on the phone, freezes, camera stops working at times, etc. Worse phone I’ve ever had. That was not a Note, but left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to buying a refurbish Samsung on here. Unfortunately, I kept trying to fix it in hopes that it will be okay and missed the 30 day warranty period so I’m kind of stuck with it. My fault. Anyway…bleh. No thanks.

When I got my old S3 I couldn’t see the point of the IR blaster and wouldn’t you know I ended up using almost every day.
cannot for my life figure out WHY samsung removes functionality from phones as they evolve.

user replaceable battery in the S6? nah…ir blaster? nah…

You can blame the “we want a ‘premium’ feeling phone” crowd for that. The crowd who demands glass-backs on phones that constantly (and that they’ll never see because the phone is going right into a protective case), wants their phones to be all metal with no plastic visible, and who want phones to be as slim as possible.

Since this is the t-mobile variant, what would I have to do to use this on my AT&T plan?
If I activate the device and pop in my sim, would it update? Or would I need to send this to att/Samsung to load the latest supported is?

Thanks for any help!!

It’s been unlocked, so it will be usable on AT&T. Updates can be done using Samsung Kies, or OTA.

** OMG YOU GUYS!! We just dropped the price on this phone to $199.99!! Best day ever, right? **

If you already ordered this phone at the earlier price- don’t worry! We’ll be shooting your extra money back at you soon(ish).

Have a great day, and HAPPY WOOTING!