Samsung Note 4 Unlocked 32GB (S&D)

This phone is running a very old Android version. It looks like the T-Mobile “branded” Galaxy Note N910T can be upgraded to the 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Does anyone know if this particular refurb can be upgraded as well?

thx in advance,
jeff

My question as well. I will say I have an AT&T s5 that is currently running 6.0.1.

I’m on T-mobile and puchased two of these at the end of November from Woot. I was able to flash the latest firmware via ODIN just fine. The more consumer friendly update methods (ota, kies) did not see any update available. I’m assuming ota will work going forward after that, but time will tell.

Overall, I’d recommend the product at this price. Overall condition is solid and functions well. If any of the following bothers you, pass: extremely faint yellow “burned in” images on screen (can only barely see it on mostly white screens); comes with short 3ft white generic usb cord and generic weak 1A charger. I purchased 3rd party quick charge block charger separately and now it fast-charges great.

I have a Galaxy Note 4 with a T-Mobile account. It’s currently running version 6.0.1, so my guess would be yes, these can be upgraded.

Will this Note 4 works with Verizon? Thanks

No.

I just bought this phone and on startup it says t mobile and I have an att account. will this always say t mobile? And when I put my sim card in from my galaxy note 3 it wouldn’t recognize it says I need t mobile sim. Anybody know what I need to do?

While this doesn’t exactly solve your problem, I took a sim card out of my ATT phone and, even after startup, the Galaxy Note still brands itself as T-Mobile. But the phone works w/o issue.

I also put the sim card in, as it was oriented in my ATT phone. Which was the wrong way to put it in.

So, my phone (of course) did not recognize my SIM card initially either. I slotted it in the correct way (opposite of how it was in my ATT phone), and it recognized it straight away. Regardless, the phone still boots up and reports T-Mobile, and has a bunch of T-Mobile bloatware installed.

I’m guessing these were T-Mobile branded phones, to be sold with the T-Mobile service. They’ve been unlocked, but still maintain the branding.

hth.

Hi there. This can be fixed by changing the APN setting to your network.

If you’re not sure how to do this, AT&T can help you or call 718-472-3800. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the info. Got it working

Thank you for the info got it working.