Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC with USB Keyboard

that one looks like the Samsung Q1 not the Samsung Q1 Ultra . Iam i wrong?

per the “in the box” description, i expect two keyboards! :smiley:

To the gentleman stating that he would not buy because it does not have a mouse. Its touchscreen. I have a touchscreen laptop (Toughbook). I find I rarely have use for any other pointing device. Get yourself a stylus and you’ll be just fine.

You could buy a cheap mouse for under $5 and stick it in the usb port if you really wanted to. Just get a port replicator or whatever.
Or you could get a bluetooth mouse.

Sigh…

Just bought one used last week off of B&H for $530 after shipping. Adding on the keyboard and case, puts me at $650. I thought that was a good deal.

This is even better…

I think you’re right, based on the Celeron M Processor and measly 512mb RAM. Someone had 2 of these listed on eBay last week with the same configuration (also refurb) and failed to sell either one of them at BIN price of $540 shipped

Or, you could get a bluetooth enabled mouse, and save your USB ports. I would love this with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse pair. With only 1/2G of ram and no GPS though, I’m not going for it. If it had a GPS card and/or a full G of ram, I may consider it for that price. But not tonight for that price with those stats. :stuck_out_tongue: G’night!

It is “Ultra Mobile” as in, you can move it around a lot, not the ultra edition that is mobile.
And I don’t want to get in an OS war, but windows XP would be less bulky I would think for a small system like this.
Also, the ultra version only has an 800 MHz processor, I think.
It does, however have double the ram and the hard drive is 60 gigs. I think the regular version may be upgradeable to 1 gig of ram though.

It’s a touchscreen so you don’t need a mouse.

Still it’s good to have around but this may be one of the few cases that I can’t recommend the VX nano (receiver is meant to be left in the USB slot).

It does not state that it is the Ultra version of the Q1… it is stating that it is the Q1, which is an Ultra Mobile PC.

aargh!!!..its either this or a quad core from Dell…bah,i have the money but just cant justify buying it because i have no practical use for it. I have a Tmo-MDA, so any general windows app or media I need I can just run on that…and otherwise im on my desktop all the time. So sorry woot, but if it where around $350-375, I’d probably pull the trigger just to have one lying around…

Cool - so we can buy this, try it out a little, and then return it to Woot for falsely advertising its specs?

Not to encourage this sort of thing, but comeon Woot! You used to be above this sort of spec inflating. You boys always had solid tech - where did you stray?

pics of it running doom?

At that price you might as well by a laptop.

Features a 7” Wide format touchscreen LCD display up to 1600×900 pixel resolution.
I have no idea what that is supposed to mean, but I don’t see other sites advertising that.

Sure wish they offered these accessories when I bought this Woot for$800.

A year ago, this would have been a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, these days the Asus EEE matches practically every feature and beats it on price ($399) and upgradability. The Samsung does have a real hard drive, where the EEE uses a mere four gigs of flash memory, but the flash is more durable and it’s not like you’ll be using either one for bulk data storage. The EEE’s got a more conventional laptop form factor (with a real keyboard you’ll always have with you when you need it, and protection for the screen when it’s closed), too. The EEE doesn’t have the touchscreen, but tablet computing’s kind of a gimmick in all but fairly specialized situations. Extra features are kind of a wash - the EEE has a webcam, the Samsung has Bluetooth. Either one could be added on for $25 or so. Given the choice between the two, it’s almost a wash on pure features. With a $200 price difference, though, there’s just no contest.

Thanks for the compare, wife has been looking @ the EEE.

I am very serious about getting an ASUS Eeee PC
or the Samsung Q1.

anyone have any special insight would be appricated.

I want to be able to run GPS program with it which is about 1 GB. can that be done on ASUS Eeee PC that come in linux (by install xp on it?)

and what kind of speed can i expect if i run it off SD Card?

Just speculating here, but I’m guessing there’s some driver that Windows thinks is 1600x900 but the hardware shrinks each dimension to half. Maybe to accommodate software that doesn’t want to run on smaller screens?

Regardless, a pixel is a “picture element”. If you shrink a hi-res image down, you end up with fewer "picture element"s. This item is advertised as having, not in some RAM buffer, but in the hardware itself, a “LCD display up to 1600×900 pixel resolution”.

I really, really want this to be true, for my faith in Woot. So far, reports haven’t found any claim to back this resolution up on other sites. I’d really like to hear from some Woot employee on this. Do they even read the Yahoo sellout boards?