Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC

Easy to install. Over you network shouldn’t take longer than 20 mins. Or try openoffice.org I mean it not one problem with te unit. Closest was with the externat k/n the eraser mouse it still tight ( costed 10 bucks shipped)

I messed around with one of these a couple of weeks ago, and it seemed pretty nice. I asked about battery life, and the rep said that there were a few different batteries, from which to choose. Of course, the more expensive one lasts longer, but oh well. Anywho, do you think it’ll work with Mac? :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently several folks have loaded & dual boot Ubuntu on it.

Check out the first couple links: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

Now to decide between this and an Asus EEEPC to woot watch while I drive around talking on skype. Cool.

you can get one with 1ghz, 1gb ram, 60gb hd for like 100 more on ebay.

i would hit this, if it were at a “sellout” price…for me that would prob be somewhere well under 300 or more…i just bought 2 “pre-Black Friday” laptops from wallymart last friday; kind of hard to drop 580 for a limited laptop (even tho it’s a tablet pc)…

that’s what I was thinkin’ …

Easy to upgrade. The CPU on mine was mis stated was a 1 gig. So spent an exta 150 for case k/b and 2 gig upgrade. Most stable comp running ANY XP OS I have used.

With the exception of the 40G (4200rpm slow) hard drive, the specs are almost identical to the Asus eee laptop. Personally, I’d save myself the $180 and buy that instead.

open office.org with out the space. do a google on it it. is just as good and free.

I’ve got one and it’s my favorite portable ever. In fact it’s my main pc now. I bought the Vista version with a 60gb and the processor really does handle Aero. I guess it’s actually slower than my last portable, but there’s nothing I want to do that I can’t do with this thing. The heaviest lifting I make it do is Photoshop. I had a Sony UX280P and gave that up because it was really unreliable. The Q1U is rock solid. And it’s so small and light, I never have to think twice about taking it with me. One thing, if you buy this, definitely upgrade the RAM to 2GB and check out the GottaBeMobile forum.

Thought we saw the last of this on Apr. 27th during the Woot-off.
It was $699.99 then, and still a re furb!
I’ll stick with my Nokia 770. This is too much paper($$$) for a portable pc.

Could this be the one w/ VIA CPU processor in it?

According to the manufacture model # “NP-Q1B-V000-FR”, there isn’t any information when I tried to google it.

But by simply looking at the model # “Q1b” makes me feel like this is not the “CELERON” version w/ Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet Edition 2005 installed. Please proof me wrong

50% bought 1
50% bought 2

They REALLY need to start making these with SIM card slots and antennas so you can just pop in your SIM card and have wireless (painfully wireless) internet.

How can you tell what my payday is? Simple. It’s the day after woot sells a UMPC.

Blargh. Oh well. I was going to buy a bicycle with the money anyhow. I guess woot is doing me a favor by keeping me from temptation.

I had one of these for a few months. The on-screen keyboard is terrible. Celeron processor makes for a long load time. One of my major gripes was that for a portable tablet pc, it really isn’t that portable, its rather bulky. A Sony UX180 is a much better choice, complete with actual keyboard.

Can these be sold outside of a Woot-off? :wink:

I like the comment about it being an MP3 player that will let you compute. Best description of what I might use it for (if I had $600 lying around gathering dust).

No thanks, I already bought an Eee PC.

if they made one of these with OS X… I’d buy it.

I’ll stick with my OQO.

www.oqo.com
1.6ghz processor
120gig hard drive
1 gig ram
wireless and networking capabilities