Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC

I would’ve been in for 1 last year in a heartbeat, except the EEE PC has arrived over the past year and a bit more usable than this thanks to the keyboard and built in webcam. Decent woot but you may suffer buyer’s remorse once the 8.9" EEE PC and others like it start showing up in Internet stores all over in a few months.

Hey just so you all know, Walden was written by Thoreau, not Emerson. You have him to blame for the pebble book.

No QWERTY… No thanks.

Plus it came with a keyboard I believe

Irony.

Just bought me a tablet, this doesn’t look any good though.

With my TOES!! What other way is there?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Buy 3 FTW :slight_smile: they look really nice!

Thats funny right thar, I don’t care who ya are.

Dude…“Walden” is by Thoreau, not Emerson.

And I am too poor for even this great deal.

Make sure you realize this is the Q1 Ultramobile PC from 2006, not the Q1 Ultra from 2007. 2007 version has keyboard split between sides and a better screen resolution.

PC Mag Review of this Woot
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1955884,00.asp

I bought one about 8 months ago. Samsung makes an extended battery, a keyboard, and a planner style case. Combined with those, it is great. I use it for a daily carry rather than my laptop.

You seriously need to get a life.

both times I saw it on woot i read it as 69.99… :frowning:

The Asus EEE PC is so much better, for less than half the price.

http://event.asus.com/eeepc/windows/index.html

Had one of these. Do yourself and your wallet a favor…buy a blackberry or treo phone.

I really miss my 701 EEE. That was such a fun little machine, but with a 10" Vaio already that has an optical drive, I couldn’t justify having both machines. This Q1 I am sure would be great for a number of things like the EEE PC is. A professional photographer or someone who is trying to show what he just snapped, sample pictures, previous work, contracts, and etc

Here are a few customer reviews from Newegg.com.

Yes. I have the same thing and upgraded the ram, took off the AV junk and run Ubuntu. Runs very smooth. May have to play around with xorg.conf to get it just right but it does run.

Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC VS ASUS’s Eee PC?
which one is easier to use as far as the “input” (keyboard)
one is super tiny keyboard the other has no keyboard at all (touch screen)…

I am looking for something portable (already have 4 other laptops PLUS a PDA phone with super tiny keyboard so no need for another full size laptop or pda for me)

I hated both small keyboard and touch screen that my PDA have and hated the weight of the laptop. but want a small PC on the go for mostely Internet surfing/Word processing (possibly gps) and NOTHING ELSE (no gaming etc) . (don’t tell me to buy both. i don’t need more junks…It’s not that i can’t afford both…my home is got 10 computers already…for a household of 2…)