Samsung S6 Unlocked GSM 32GB (S&D)

I see the phone is unlocked, but does this T-MO SKU have T-MO bloatware? Does the service need to be T-MO to get over the air OS upgrades? Thanks!

what is the model no. here for sale? thanks

SM-G920T is listed in the title.

Yes to both questions. Whenever there’s a new OS update, the wireless carrier obtains it from the manufacturer. Then they add their bloatware and network specific features. And then they push it out to their customers.

If you’re not a T-Mobile customer, you can probably get around this by buying the cheapest T-Mobile SIM prepaid card/plan. Insert it into the phone and let it register on the network. Check for updates. Let the update install. Once it’s all done, insert your regular SIM.

Regarding the OTA questions… We bought an S5 for my mother in law, it was the T-mobile variant. With no sim in it at all, just a wifi connection, it downloaded and installed updates from 5.x to 6.0.1 marshmallow and assorted security updates as well. YMMV, but I was glad it updated without popping my t-mob sim into it as I had planned to do.This was about 5 days ago, as it was a Xmas present. She put her ATT sim in it and it works fine. We pre-set her google account and crap up, I so love how our overlords, err, google keeps track of those things for us. LOL.