Samsung S8 Plus (VZW/GSM Unlocked)(S&D)

Samsung S8 Plus (VZW/GSM Unlocked)(S&D)

Can anyone tell me if they have purchased an ‘scratch or dented’ product from woot and what to expect. Is it worth the saving?

1 Like

I only buy refurb phones and have bought several from Woot. I don’t like leases and I don’t need to be cool with the latest gear. Do your research and read the reviews, since Woot is an Amazon outlet, the Amazon reviews are directly associated with the product you’ll get. It’s always a bit of a gamble but I would say I have had 85-90% success with refurb stuff from Woot.
Its like anything else- there is value in brand new (warranty, cool factor, etc.) and if you don’t want to save money, that is a good way to go. Notice I didn’t say “need to save money”, as if that is the case, get a new super basic phone.

4 Likes

I’m always confused as to whether a phone will work with Tmobile or not, these specifically say VZW, but also GSM unlocked. I have an S8 with a cracked screen, buying one of these would be a better alternative to replacing the screen. I just dont know if it will work on Tmobile.

The link in the write up, Will this phone work with my carrier? Let’s find out! CLICK HERE says this is compatible with Tmobile.

not compatible with vzn though (no 2g/3g)

I bought the S7 here last year and paid almost $200. It had zero scratches/dents and has worked fine. My next phone will also come from Woot.

Too bad that they don’t put up photo’s of the actual products.

For Verizon users can’t beat this deal. A new Pixel XL 2, 2 year warranty. This is a new phone, new battery, 2 year warranty, and always the newest OS with constant updates because it’s a Pixel. I’ve bought 2 for my family. Really nice device.
Verizon Google Pixel 2 XL for $10/month x 24

Are these the dual SIM or single SIM models? i.e. can I add an SD card?

I hope you actually get your phone. Woot cancelled my order after 2 weeks. I did receive a refund, but I was expecting the phone.

Seem to be single SIM, SD as well.

But reading specs, it does mention “Hybid Dual DIM.” Apparently there is a single SIM that immulates dual.

YMMV

I bought this. My first Refurb phone. Just so clear on what to expect. It comes in a plain cardboard box with nothing other than a cheap chinese charger and a card pointing you at the Samsung documentation site. Not even packing material to cushion the thing. No documentation or directions…

Looked new. The guy at the Verizon store had it online with very little effort (after the usual wait in line of course). He warned me that the only downside to an unlocked phone is no wifi calling (manufacturer’s limitation). He also said that the phone was re-manufactured by the same company Verizon uses so that may have made things a little smoother. At one point he commented, “looks awfully good for a scratch and dent.”

1 Like