Samsung Smart Blu-ray Player with Wi-Fi

Whats difference between the two models if anything.

So, uh, what’s the difference?

I was told that the difference is that the EM57C as an HDMI cable.

What app(s) do these have?

PLEASE someone tell me (truthfully) this supports exfat input!

All negative reviews in Amazon. Average rating is 1.5 out of 5 :frowning:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Factory-Refurbished-BD-EM57C-Player/product-reviews/B007X4KAF6

Anybody know if this Wi-Fi with apps includes the Amazon instant video player? For either model?

Reviews are pretty abysmal for both the BD-E5700 and the BD-EM57C on Amazon.

According to a review on 03/29/12 on Amazon, no, at least not on the BD-E5700. The other unit apparently only has 100MB of storage for apps according to one irate reviewer, which doesn’t sound promising.

Correct. Do not waste your money. These are junk (carry to trash can is worth something) Technology is changing faster than posted posts; better models will be out in a few short months

Don’t hold your breath. Searching specs and reviews for both models returns no exfat info.

Does this work OK as a basic blue Ray player? What is the difference between the models?

I bought a similar model off of the sourced deals a month ago. First, it only has hdmi, second, it doesn’t play more than 30 seconds of a blu-ray feature. It plays all of the previews, but just blanks out when playing the actual feature of the blu-ray disc. I don’t recommend buying at all. Get an LG anything over Samsung.

if you’re just looking for a basic bluray player without the fancy smart features skip this the basic models go for 20 dollars cheaper if not less

Really? Where? A functional Blue Ray player for $20?

I’m looking for a basic player for my remote cabin, where Internet is not an option.

Uhhh… Kosay1991 said $20 cheaper. Not $20 purchase price.

Sorry, $25 purchase price rather than $20.

So where will I buy a decent player for $25 plus shipping, which is $20 less than this offer? Looking around online and locally, it seems like there’s not much under $50.

You have the incorrect output resolution setting for your TV. Most often the Blu-Ray player will be set to 1080i or 1080p, but the television only supports up to 720p. To change the settings on the Blu-Ray player, you will need to connect it to your TV and follow these steps:

• Select Settings
  • Select Display
  • Select Resolution - 720p