Samsung SMX-C10 Ultra Compact Digital Camcorder

I have one. No internal memory. This is the SD model. The HD one has memory - this one doesn’t.

Can it take pictures too? :stuck_out_tongue:

Got mine for $45 at Best Buy - new.

No, it can’t. Not this model.

Woot makes mistakes - sometimes serious ones like this one - in the product descriptions on a fairly regular basis. It’s why they post a disclaimer about said descriptions, and partly why they have this forum. The upside is that if you ordered one and want to cancel, they will cancel the order based on inaccuracies like this. The downside is that if you don’t read this, and want to return it from home, you get to pay return shipping.

Or good enough for DVDs. (remember those?)

This is the same resolution (and probably codec) that a DVD uses. Remember (not that long ago) when DVDs were the best thing out there?
They’re still pretty good.

Im confused- and not very tech savvy- I just bought one but now I cam concerned about memory- can i just get an SD card for memory? If so- what size SD is suggested?
Thanks

You can use any size up to 32gb SD card I would wait on a 32 as they are still pricey… Watch for deals on 16 & 8 gb SD cards… Check amazon and buy.com and altho it’s been awhile woot sells them too…

Ahem! Hey woot guys when ya gonna get SD cards again ??

do u guys ship to country outside USA?

Did you buy this recently? And just to clarify, for $45 brand new? Can’t find it at best buy, but thanks for the info. Please advise on questions. Thank you.

A word of caution folks…

Whenever you “zoom” you can hear it on your video so unless you’re recording at a rock concert, my bedroom, or somewhere else that is super loud, you aren’t going to be happy with the audio on your little home movies.

:slight_smile:

Here is some Sample Video from the SMX-C10…

and one on Video Specs

Click here to find out our shipping procedures.

A lot of the confusion stems from Samsung’s website. It also says this camera has a still imaging feature, but the reviews say it doesn’t.

This was introduced at the end of April 2009, with a MSRP of $200. You must be confusing the model number or price.

edit: Google says: Best Buy doesn’t have it now, and when they did, it was $135.

Sellout Woot has corrected their site and notified me, this camcorder does NOT have 16GB internal memory. I imagine those who bought it are getting emails informing them.

Hmm, you can record 6 hours of video on a 16GB memory card, but the battery only lasts for a little over an hour and a half? May need to carry extra batteries.

I’ve got a question, if I wanted to put the video onto a dvd, how would I do such a thing? Would I have to upload to my laptop and get some kind of software to burn onto dvd?

Thanks

Yes. I would say that you can use Windows Movie Maker to edit your footage but I’m not sure if that software supports h.264 video. You can most likely still put your footage onto a DVD using Windows DVD Maker if you don’t want to edit it (or you used a different editing software).

Thanks for the reply, I’m still not sure about this. Is for a friend and she’s been looking at getting one of these for a while now, I told her to stick to the traditional minidv cameras but these are so much cheaper.