Samsung SSC12 12" B/W Surveillance System

Must’ve gotten too excited with Missing the Speaker deal last night.
Good thing i’m in West Coast… only 10:40 here. lol :twisted: :twisted:
Good nite all~!

Dream of what Woot will have for tomorrow’s deal~!
:lol: :lol:

Same here, though it would be nice for those weird late night knocks at the door and taping your car in the parking lot. Nothing like getting in the car in the morning to find glass all over the inside and empty space where some of your stuff used to be.

KuoH

If I had a bunch of extra money I would so buy these… can’t rationalize it though since I don’t need them at all.

A pretty disappointing deal after missing the good deal last night. It would be nice if they gave some idea of upcoming deals and quanities available so we could plan accordingly. There were many disappointed folks out on the web last night. Also, I really think that Woot should include the word “refurbished” in the title when items aren’t new. I was looking at the description to see if they were wireless, and found the “refurished” note at the very bottom.

GAH! Now I have to wait for another 23 hours for the next item…man…too much anticipation…hopefully tommorrow’s Woot is actually something useful to the average consumer crosses fingers

I don’t know but I started to see the trend where woot has Super-hot deals (aspire home theater, dell speakers, robomower 1st time) every 1.5 - 2 weeks period.

first woot post for me :smiley: . i seem to be getting addicted to the site. to bad this deal is no use for me, but ill be here again in 24hrs.

That sounds really cool.

my moms been wanting a security system… because our neighbor pulls all kind of stupid crap and we need evidence. i seen refurbished… but dam thats a hellavu deal for 125$, even though their black and white. guess i’ll wait till morning

[quote user=“Kayo”]not bad but I’ve already have the X10 color + night shot wireless surveillance system. I got that package ~ 75 bucks for 3 color cam, 1 night shot cam, receivers, etc.

I’ll pass. G’luck to all. This is a good dea considering you’d get the Monitor too :)[/quote]

where did you get this deal from? if its still availabl

[quote user=“Kayo”]not bad but I’ve already have the X10 color + night shot wireless surveillance system. I got that package ~ 75 bucks for 3 color cam, 1 night shot cam, receivers, etc.

I’ll pass. G’luck to all. This is a good dea considering you’d get the Monitor too :)[/quote]

i always refused to do business with a company that endorsed the use of popups, spam, and other annoying ways of advertising their products.
now i use mozilla firefox and mailwasher, so i don’t have to worry about that kind of stuff any more. :

hell, for 100 bucks, i can give you 4 b/w cameras and two b/w screens i got from my job that they were throwing out. brand new >even though they are several years old< and new condition, never used, radio shack >thats what the shipping lable says< surveillance system. email me at sietekk@hotmail.com if interested. put “surveillance system” or “woot” or something in the subject so my uber spam killer doesn’t eat it alive.

disapointing, especialy after the robot and speakers. i almost got the speakers too, enterd all the info, and BAM! sold out. bah.

night…

I bet those are color cameras and just a b/w monitor. I don’t think they bother to make b/w cameras anymore. (anyone know?) Would be a great deal if Woot would come out and install it for me; ADT charges half this amount for 1 month equipment rental of their system.

10 bucks to install this in Austin, Woot? You fly, I’ll buy.

[quote user=“GallopingCow”]i probably should get this, as someone’s tried to break into my house about 3 or 4 times that i know of, but that’s quite a hunk of cash.

looks like a good deal though.[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?!??!
Thats quite a hunk of cash. 120 bux is shit especially if you’ve already been victimized (or even attempted as the case may be) Crap man, hell If I had that problem, I wouldnt even bother with this cheapy system, I would invest in like halogen lights for the yard and the camera systems from either Costco or Sams Club that they have, the ones that have a color display and like 6 cameras. Dude you qont quivel over shit like that. They even got those little globe things for the cameras, like stores have in their ceilings, only way smaller.

why do some ppl say its refurbished it doesn’t say that anywhere in the description?

nvm…found it.

An old friend of mine bought one of these at Costco. Not sure that it was
the same brand but it was 3 or four cameras and a monitor. I think it was
less than 12" but not sure. For over $200. He was as happy as a pig in
mud with a pink bow around his neck.

Then I found a link where Sam’s has the same thing as woot for $194 today right now.
Just put in the Samsung and model number to find it in the first page of hits.

I’ve been putting together a system anyway. The reason that swayed me with this
one is the .1 lux sensitivity. That was going to be my main problem with
my X10 stuff or anything else I have. Getting down that low. Although x10 makes
a low level camera I think it’s $75 even on ebay it’s over $30 and it’s cheap plastic.
I don’t hear great things about X10 cameras. But there’s not much to screw up
with a B/W camera AFAIK except the lens being plastic or poorly made for focussing.

Re this deal I think that low .1 lux sensitivity means that it is going to
be IR sensitive. Meaning if I add some IR LED’s or a regular light
with an IR filter I’m going to have lot’s of light for the camera. I bought
some IR filters for “Xray” experiments and have two nice ones that fit a 12 volt
halogen Par light of 50 Watts.

It’s going to be a month before I have much more to say but if anyone is interested
in the results I will post them for you to see. Just pm me or send email
ajajaj at rediffmail dot com and I’ll put you on a list to mail out some screen caps.

The 3.8 mm lens gives what I think is a ‘normal’ view. Not wide angle and not
close up. A local guy gave me a tour of his facility for security. He had 8 cameras
hooked up with various lenses from 1.8 to 7.5mm or so. They were almost 180° to
a zoom effect where all you saw was a face from 10 feet away. The relationship
between mm and effect is not linear I don’t believe. That is if you double the mm
the width of the shot goes down by 4 times I think. Not for sure on that.

GallopingCow - Same here. I’d say get something. X10 makes a camera with a vcr
controller that only senses movement when it records to save tape. Total price
from ebay with some agressive shopping is about $75 or less. You can write me
if you want the whole story. This is what I’ve been doing for over a month now is
buying and checking out stuff like this. I started with one system and then bought
this one. So I’ll have two in effect. But that’s ok. One for daytime one for nightime.

Gcow- see? Kayoquote not bad but I’ve already have the
X10 color + night shot wireless surveillance system.
I got that package ~ 75 bucks for 3 color cam, 1 night shot cam, receivers, etc.

• You do need the VCR controller for $20 to record the perp.

I see 3 pages of activity at 6 am PST. That’s pretty hot.
Ether woot’s audience is growing
or this is an interesting deal for people to comment on.

CompuPsyc said,“see if they were wireless, and found the “refurished” note at the very
bottom” – But hey. they have a one year warrenty. And most people buy these take them
home and decide they don’t want it and bring it back. That’s all. THey’re often not
even unpacked. I doubt if most of them have been plugged together.

datboitwinkie- the advantge of b/w is more resolution generally. Plus sensitivity for
dark conditions. The only advantage of color is you can see what color the shirt is
and the car. Otherwise B/W generally will be a better picture for resolution and night
time/dark conditions and light conditions. Most security systems ARE b/w for this
reason.

datboitwinkie- if you want to write me I’ll be glad to share all I’ve found out about
the X10 deals. Spent over a month looking and
checking them all out. - ajajaj at rediffmail dot com

GallopingCow-refused to do business with a company that endorsed the use of popups -
they have a popup stop here -
http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?DAY=30&amp;PAGE=http://www.x10.com/x10ads1.htm

potatohead - sure they make B/w cameras. That’s how they can get to .1 lux. Color can’t
because I think of the filters that are used and their basic
insensitivity to low light. Most color cameras are good to about
3 lux at best. Also most B/W cameras have more lines per inch of
resolution.

I hope this deal is going to have a bit better
than most color cams. I think color is usually about 280-300 lines/inch where b/w is
up to 380 and over 400 for good cameras.
It depends on price but all things being equal the cheaper b/w cameras
are more sensitive to low light and have more resolution than cheap color cameras.

I got one for $124 : )

:frowning: Woot cut me off after 1000 characters or so.

potatohead - sure they make B/w cameras. That’s how they can get to .1 lux. Color can’t
because I think of the filters that are used and their basic
insensitivity to low light. Most color cameras are good to about
3 lux at best. Also most B/W cameras have more lines per inch of
resolution.

I hope this deal is going to have a bit better resolution
than most color cams. I think color is usually about 280-300 lines/inch where b/w is
up to 380 and over 400 for good cameras.
It depends on price but all things being equal the cheaper b/w cameras
are more sensitive to low light and have more resolution than cheap color cameras.

I got one for $124 : )

:wink: :roll: :oops: 8) :? :shock: :smiley: :slight_smile: :frowning: :o :mrgreen: :arrow: :idea: :oops: :cry: :shock: 8) 8) :lol:

People complain on this board of deals they are not interested in, just to have the ability to type. :evil:

Good deal woot, keep 'em coming.

:wink:

I picked one up. I’m gonna sell it to a guy I know who owns a small grocery store/restaurant for $200. :wink:

I ordered a Robosapien the other day. My credit card has been charged, but I received no confirmation email and no tracking number email. I sent an email to service@woot.com yesterday but got no reply.

I just want to make sure there wasn’t a problem and that I’m going to get a Robosapien. :smiley:

-Daniel