Samsung SyncMaster 24” LCD Monitor

I have this monitor and it is awesome. 1080p, bright, beautiful monitor. No HDMI, no problem since there are no speakers. Only thing I would like more is to have some USB ports on it.

CNET only gives it 2 1/2 stars

Hum, I paid $159 for mine brand new, and just bought a 23.5" LED lit LCD Samsung for this price just before Christmas … I recommend you pass.

Check your local costco!! Costco has this for 200$ BRAND NEW! woot! must be kidding! selling a refurb for 185$ the refurb should cost 120$ MAX!

Amazon gives it 4 1/2 stars for $229
Everyone rates it very high.

really? 179.99? There are several 24" LED LCD’s out there for the same price NEW! Unfortunately I live in California and theres tax involved, but instead of buying from Woot, I would consider this!:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001421&cm_re=samsun_LED-_-24-001-421-_-Product

I agree with this link recommendation as I bought two of these monitors a month ago and my third one just came in today for an eyefinity setup. They’re awesome for 200$ a pop.

Can I use this in my living room? Are monitors now synonymous with televisions? Can I hook it up with my digital cable service? Can I strap on my Wii, 360, PS3; and VCR without special equipment?

Just be careful, guys. I bought this on a previous wooting (also a refurb, but of the 27" variety (see here), and it likes to randomly turn itself off after a few hours of use (usually when I’ve walked away from the computer for a while), and the only way to revive it is to physically unplug & replug the power cable from the back.

But the monitor is gorgeous, otherwise!

This recommendation is $250, a long way off from the $180 Woot.Sellout price :I

I just purchased this exact monitor new from Newegg for $199.99 with free shipping and no tax. It arrived today. Sorry Woot, you will have to do better.

New at $229 w/free ship / Amazon or $229 with shipping at Tiger

SaViNg $45 for a refurby

sorry woot!

epic FAIL!

It doesn’t really matter if you saw this monitor at your brother’s best-friend’s sister’s cousin’s apartment last Tuesday and and they said they paid 2 bucks for it.

If you’re going to say that this is a bad deal, don’t expect me to take your word for it. How about you prove it to me by providing a link or maybe at least provide some verifiable evidence.

Post some links.

From what I can tell, this monitor DOES NOT have attached speakers.

Does this monitor have a glossy, or a matte screen?

I refuse to purchase glossy screens because it doesn’t make sense to me why a manufacturer would intentionally produce screens with a glare problem.

Because there are two serial ports/connections, can I hook up BOTH PC and Mac and not have to switch cables(but only have one on at a time)?

Refresh rate? Would it be possible to use this for 3d with Nvidia drivers and the shutter glasses they’ve got?

ericmac017 wrote:
really? 179.99? There are several 24" LED LCD’s out there for the same price NEW! Unfortunately I live in California and theres tax involved, but instead of buying from Woot, I would consider this!:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001421&cm_re=samsun_LED-_-24-001-421-_-Product

Look again, $50 off using the coupon code until 1/1.

Glossy or matte? I need one that is “birds fly into your desktop wallpaper” glossy.

I have two of these, 22" however, on my desk at work and I would NOT recommend them. After only a year, there are random fading areas on both monitors. They started out bright and beautiful, but fading each and every day.