Samsung Tab 2 7" or 10.1" with Pouch

**Item: **Samsung Tab 2 7" or 10.1" with Pouch
Price: $229.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Samsung Tab 2 7" or 10.1" with Pouch)

[Search Google](Google Tab 2 7" or 10.1" with Pouch)

Check out the info, and great reviews for the 7" on the Product Page
Amazon Users also like it

Wow they just had these at Wally World for $99 and $199 respectively. Come on Woot.

the galaxy tab 2 7in and 10in? or the first one?

The 7" model sells for $170 with free shipping at Amazon (Woot’s parent company) So basically for $35 more I can get a brand new one vs a refurbished one and a one year warranty vs a 3 month warranty. So, bottom line, it’s hard to justify this price.

Lot’s of comments from when the 7" model was offered in May

TONS of comments from when the 10" model was offered in February

Neither of these devices are terribly compelling. There are a crap-ton of 7", 1024x600, 8GB tablets available for under $120 and Samsung’s 7" and 10" tablets don’t really have any added value compared to those from any other Android device manufacturer.

If I were looking at another Android tablet, one of the first things I’d consider would be the availability of a high-res screen for the relevant form factor. The Nook HD and Nook HD+ aren’t fantastic as Android devices, but they are compelling as cheap ways to get a device with a good screen and they can load third party firmware with relative ease. Those might be a better place to start.

TONS of very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the 7" model over at bestbuy.com

I was looking into getting a tablet to replace my 3 year old netbook and this and the Asus Memopad were my two choices for the money (trying to stay below $300).

I was leaning towards the Samsung Tab since it has the universal remote feature and the Asus for the mini HDMI port. Is the [Samsung] dual core and the [Asus] quad core processors that different?

What have your experiences been with refurbished Samsung products? About 7 years ago I bought a open box Samsung DVD recorder that lasted me two years. I sent it directly to Samsung for repair and received it back where it stopped working a year later. Since that incident (and after spending $500 overall), I have not trusted any used electronics products.

I still like my 5" Samsung Galaxy Tab that I bought here a couple of years ago…it just got to be too small, so I now have a 10" Toshiba Thrive, because it was the only tablet at the time to have a user-replaceable battery (also got a great accessory kit which includes the battery, second charger, colored back, docking station and case for $20!)
I like both tablets, and the Samsung is so easy to carry with me, without lugging around another item–it fits in a small bag with wallet, etc.
Just my thoughts.
^^X^^

How do I select the 27" model?

Here’s a c|net review on the 7" and you can find the c|net review on the 10" here.

Do they all accommodate Flash? (speaking as a tech uneducated person)

Do either of these devices have wi-if?
I am not tech savy potentially purchasing for my 11 year old son to use in class.

I have one of the 7" models, and I like it a lot.
Just this past week, Samsung pushed out an upgrade to Android 4.2.2

Back in April, my siblings and I got our parents a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1". This is my parents first computing device. Right out of the box it updated to Jellybean 4.1.2. The Wi-Fi works well, they can use it all over their home, even outside. They love the big screen. When I’ve used it I’ve been pleased with the performance, it doesn’t seem to lag. Mom loves Youtube and Amazon, Dad likes the card games. They’re very happy, so that makes me happy.

Of course…

Bought the 7 in here in Feb for 139.99. Like it a lot. The only knocks I have are that it takes longer than my acer to charge and that there is no USB port to take music when I travel. You can use the micro SD card, but that doesn’t play in the car. It took great video of an outdoor swim meet and Samsung does have some unique apps. My favorite is a tetris puzzle game (I can’t get the name, because I haven’t used it in 2 weeks and the charger can’t keep up while its on so it won’t turn on with a dead battery.) Keep it charged and it’s fine. Thinking about getting one for mother-in-law. Not sure if $10 cheaper 7 months later is enough of a discount.