Samsung Tab 4 8.0 Unlocked LTE Tablet

For a refurb unit the LG 7.0 LTE was a better deal at $89.

does this have a GPS

It appears that it does:

Samsung’s site

Touch Mode to select the accuracy level of your locating method. Choose from the following:
[list=1]
[*]High accuracy: This option has the highest level of accuracy, using GPS, Wi-Fi®, and mobile data networks interchangeably to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.

[*]Power saving: This option uses only Wi-Fi and mobile data networks to estimate your location. Data charges may apply when using this option.

[*]GPS only: This option uses only the GPS network.[/list]

Does anyone know what the call quality for voip is on this tablet? I’m thinking about replacing my cell phone with a tablet because I usually use mostly data on my cell but one or two months a year my call volume rises while I an traveling. It’s annoying to suddenly run out of minutes and then change plans for a month or two. I only use prepaid cell service.

Has anyone used this model for voip calling?

I have used my LG 7.0 LTE tablet for voip calls - quality was so-so - it depends on application and bandwidth I guess. The question is will you have access to wifi when you need to make a call?

I forgot to mention my tablet has Tmobile SIM so that i can send texts and short emails for free when travelling outside the USA.