Samsung Tablets

OK I just have to add my input. I LOVE these tablets!!! I got myself a refurbished note 10.1 the last time woot had it (I think I paid $20 more than today’s listing =/) and I got my wife a refurbished note 8.0 off of ebay for $10 more than today’s listing. They are the BEST!!! Honestly you can’t even tell that they are refurbished and not new. I used to think that getting refurbished was a waste of time, but now I will try and get more and more of my things refurbished at cheaper prices. To be honest I always wanted the note 8 but I got the 10.1 instead because it was the first out of the two on sale and I LOVE the front facing speakers. I use it mostly for watching shows (when not taking notes with it at work) and now I don’t think I could ever go to a tablet that doesn’t have front facing speakers, well worth it IMHO.

Now for some accessories (for note 10.1):

Orig samsung keyboard dock (I don’t have it cause it’s a little pricey for my liking, but this would probably be the one I would get):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BMZSPBI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ultra thin case (I just barely ordered it yesterday so I don’t have it yet but it is exactly what I was looking for, something that the tablet snaps into and has a trifold flap… and for less than $5.00 you can’t go wrong):
http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Galaxy-Note-10-1-N8000/dp/B00AQ8BEMY
(some reviews say the magnets make the tablet turn on instead of off but this is exactly the type of case I was looking for and at the right price so if I have to, i’ll just cut the magnet out)

The Note 8 prices are ~$100 off new.

I love mine (bought new). They come with 4.1 and I was able to root mine and put 4.2 on it. You will want the largest memory card you can afford, skip the woot one, $20 for 8GB is not a deal, get one on Amazon ~$20 for 32GB.

With formatting, software, etc. You have a little over 9GB space left for apps and data. The tablet will not function well with less than about 1GB free.

Root and ROM makes this better because you can move some apps to the SD card. You can also remove some of the extras that come preloaded like the Samsung App Store.

If you do not use the pen a lot then the Note line is just extra cash.

I missed out on the Galaxy Note 10.1 when the two models were offered as refurbs last spring, so I bought a new 32GB Galaxy Note 10.1. I love it love it love it, use it every day, really like the ability to write on the screen. I bought a bigger pen, though the default one is perfectly fine. I just like one that’s more pen-sized. I also did some research and found a good YouTube video that explained the handwriting recognition (short version: use complete recognition rather than stroke recognition). I also bought a third-party app that has even better handwriting recognition (7notes with mazec). I’ve tried numerous handwriting-rec technologies over the years, and this is finally the one that’s most accurate and least complicated to translate handwriting to text in various application.

I would buy one on Woot today if I didn’t have one already. Heck, I’m tempted to buy another, if only I didn’t need the $$ for other stuff.

Edited to add: It is possible to add Flash (don’t know whether that’s an issue for anyone here, but a bunch of people on Amazon seemed to be concerned about it). I installed Flash, Firefox, and a Firefox plugin that’s supposed to fool Web sites into thinking that it’s not a mobile device, and I have no problem getting to the sites I want and using Flash.

Well CF, now it makes perfect sense! I bought this when it was offered on Woot on 9/21, and am learning bits and pieces as I go(and now I’ve been introduced to nibs)! THANKS

Not a good deal, newegg ebay store has note 10.1 16gb mfr refurbished for $45 less…

Their description is inaccurate. If you look at the model # it is actually a Tab 2

You are correct, sir. I neglected to mention that in my earlier post. Also, the new Tab 3’s are running Intel Atom CPUs, which are quite a bit more powerful than the ARM CPUs in the Notes.

Ok, I’m a tech idiot so…can I check and send my email using this tablet? Also, use it for gps? Be gentle, thanks.

Why can’t i choose a different shipping method for this item. All I see is $5 shipping which will take too long. I was hope to get this in 2-3 days.

Also, any idea who this is refurbished by?

If you are not able to see expedited shipping as an option in the Checkout screen, it’s because we are not available to offer alternative shipping options with that particular sale.

question, does anyone know if these will work with a credit card slider attachment, like Square for sales?

E-mail, absolutely. I haven’t used my Galaxy Note 10.1 for GPS, but it has that function, and I’m betting the others do too. You’d have to be connected to a network, though. These aren’t like smartphones that have connectivity everywhere.

If the slider is Bluetooth-enabled, probably you can:

http://creditcardreaderapp.com/post/31409253663/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-credit-card-reader

I recently bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I love it! I had a 7" Kindle Fire that was a great reader, but it is a reader with some tablet features. The Note is a tablet that can download a reader app. It has a quad core processor, so I can actually do things like Facebook and email, which the Fire promised, but didn’t deliver. And games? More expensive than any tablet except the iPad, but worth it.

This is a stupid price. I paid less than this RETAIL for a brand new one, and got $100+ worth of freebies. Comeon woot! Behave like woot! not the mothership.

Re. the product: I like it. The s-pen is the killer feature. At long last, portable DRAWING is feasible! It is a real Wacom tablet, albeit a consumer level, but it is good enough. WAY better than a capacitive stylus. If drawing is your thing, the Note is the only tablet worth considering.

The apps to look at: SketchBook Pro, Infinite Painter, ArtFlow. IP is still at beta quality though. They all crash, bht SBP at least saves restore points. So, yeah, it is still SNL, but this is cutting edge.

Actually, if you download a thirdparty navigation app, you can use this as a GPS. I tested it by downloading the app “navFree” and downloading the map for my state and it could then be used offline, it just uses the GPS chip. There is a tiny bit of lag so you have to realize that when a turn is coming up, you get to it just before it shows you are there on the GPS but it’s still pretty good for free GPS. (I don’t use it all the time and when I need GPS I usually use my phone, I just wanted to test this out just to see if it would work)

Majority of refurbs are result of previous owners having second thought about their purchases, where it has nothing to do with device being bad.

Also most refurbs comes with 90days return policy, and in my opinion it is enough time to determine if the unit you have has an issue of not.

Decisions between note 8 and lg g Pad 8.3 that’s rumor at $299 price tag. I have a hp touchpad, but like the size of note 8 better for single hand-held. Should I get the note 8 for this price or wait for the g pad or just keep using the touchpad…?

The Note 8.0 is great, but you can get a brand new one at a local store for the same price, and try it out to be sure it is whag you want. They will probably throw in a bunch of lagniappes flr your business too.

Can anyone tell me what the RAM is on the 10.1 Note? Amazon’s got it at 2GB: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-White/dp/B008M4K5MY/

[MOD EDIT: please check the Tablet sales as the specs have been update]