Samsung Wi-Fi All-Share Cast Hub

You should take a look at Chromecast. At full retail price its is $35 and does the same thing.

If you install the Chrome Browser on your computer with the Chromecast browser extension you can cast the website tab you are looking at or you can choose to cast entire screen. Casting the entire screen will allow you to mirror your screen so that you can show a PowerPoint presentation or run some other program that you want to present.

This doesn’t work well for streaming video files from your computer but would be great if you were doing a “how to” type thing in front of a group or just looking at still photos. With video you are better off uploading it to Youtube or Vimeo and then streaming from the browser as you would with Netflix.

Your Best buy people do know now jack. Proposing wired when asking for wireless is like offering salmon when I want a steak.
Samsung wireless hub works great if you have one of listed phones and non-Hub compatible TV.
One of 3 TVs I own is not so this device will fill the gap. F9r remainig two I find wireless screen mirrorig extremely useful. With smart TV the lag is not noticeable, my S5 casts full 1920x1080 pixel to pixel on TV. It is really convenient. 2nd, this is latest model and for woot price it is a bargain.

I got this about 2 years ago only so I could cast NFL Mobile from my S3 since the developers of that app placed restrictions on using the MHL/HDMI port. It worked great for that purpose up until around October when NFL Mobile got updated to disallow casting via Miracast and Chromecast.

Better solution that’s $5 cheaper:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O14JG2Y

Works with Intel Widi and anything Miracast, and it’s 5Ghz compatible too - much faster, very little latency.

This device is for Samsung-only devices you already own. If you have a compatible Samsung phone or tablet (see list under “specs”) whatever is on the phone’s screen will show up on your HD TV to which today’s woot is connected.

Chromecast does the same from ANY device (computer or mobile) that supports a Chrome browser. Whatever is displayed on the chrome browser, will show up on the TV that Chromecast is connected to.

With Chromecast you can use any brand devices (Apple, HP, Dell, Samsung, etc).

Thanks for passing along the link to the Actiontec device. It appears to be more universal and more versatile.

Well lets see…

Its shows on my Tv screen all my phone calls … EXCEPT almost all my calls are from marketing people… So I let all of them go to voice mail. If its a real person they will leave a message, then I will pick up / or not.

It also means I have to be watching TV all the time witch I do not. Instead I Read a book, go out for coffee, Draw, Write and other more productive and more rewarding things in life.

At least at this point in my life its not a good fit.

Will it work with the Galaxy Tab 2?

anyone that gets this over a chromecast should be tarred and feathered. yes. period.

Or buy any recent Roku for the same price and use screencasting not limited to certain phones…

If you have a wdtv live it natively supports miracast. I can cast my galaxy s4 to the wdtv no problem, but if I am streaming something specific I have a dedicated mhl port on my receiver so I just use that. I got my wdtv just because it works with nearly every video codec.

would this work to mirror a samsung galaxy note 10.1 (the first one) on a projector? I feel like the chromecast is limited to certain apps (I need something that can mirror everything, its for school). If this isn’t my best option, would wired be better and can anyone recommend an option for that instead? I’d love to know!

Crap, like all Samdung stuff. It will break and they will deny the problem till they get sued and then they will only fix it for a select few.

I’ll write this more slowly: they were Samsung reps at the Samsung Experience Shop at Best Buy.

Also, I didn’t ask for wireless. I asked for a way to show content from my phone on a TV that was high quality and reliable. The recommended a solution, not a technology - which is exactly the right thing to do.