SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

=( about retail for the refurbs. $20 more could get you a new one $5-10 more if you go on ebay. Woot u could have dont better.

These are nice, cheap, players
I have two

I have the 256mb of this, the red one, from a couple woot-offs ago. It works nicely, not great. Wish it had a rechargeable battery, but the AAA works far longer than I ever expected it to. Radio doesn’t pick up all stations, but neither does the more expensive Sony one that my mom has.

Haha, great description woot!

If anyone wants to see the original, I found a copy here:

http://gallery.krunk4ever.com/v/misc/teacher_wrong_gives_detention.gif.html

Always a classic!

My wife has purchased 6 mp3 players that were refurbished from sandisk. They’ve all been purchased from woot (all varying in storage capacity) and all of them have turned out to be nice quality. My youngest is 8 and she even understands how to edit/change songs/download from our computer. If I needed another mp3 player I’d get this one with no hesitation.

Just my 2 cents worth.

WoW good question. Well almost. I got my 3 256mb. Gave 1 away as a gift and spent almost an hr explaining what it meant. Sigh, Complaints.

I use mine daily though, Not a problem. And I literally put the unit through hell.

got this here for $5 more about 7 months ago, still working great.

If it’s anywhere near as good as my 512mb sandisk sansa mp3 player, this is a great deal.

And this is what the description is parodying:

This is a good player.

Cheap and light and small… Don’t need to spen $200 to listen to files… Drag and drop… Not applecrap

I bought the 256MB (red) version the first time it came around. It’s an awfully nice little MP3 player and the FM sound is quite fine. Like a lot of multiple function electronic items with only a few buttons, it can be tricky to navigate from MP3 to FM and to work with the FM presets and channel tuning once there. But the instructions are complete and clear. So even though the process isn’t totally intuitive, it’s manageable.

And it runs for hour and hours on one AAA cell!

And the earbuds don’t suck!!!

These rock,They’re drag-and-drop
The battery just doesn’t stop.
When going to buy thrine,
I sat down beside mine.
And said 'This doesn’t rhyme, and I already have some"

Which WMA DRM does it play?

• Windows Media DRM 9
  • Windows Media DRM 10
  • Windows Media DRM 11
  • PlaysForSure
  • WMA DRM Subscription Content

Which one(s)?

My brother-in-law bought one of these. He has had the thing for at least a year now and it still goes strong despite his less-than-gentle handling of it. The case is so extremely beat up that it doesn’t even look like it should work anymore. But it still runs fine. Its a durable player.

very awesome, but i have both the 256 an 512 already.

Does anyone know if the 15 hour battery life is accurate? I can get 40 hours out of my iRiver on one AA, but it’s only 512 MB.

Wait for it…

Wait for it…

Is it mac compatible?

I own this thing, and it certainly plays some of the music I put on it. Let me explain. It was through returning another SanDisk product that I happened to get upgraded to this one. It lets me put music on it just like putting files on a jump drive, and I organize these into folders because it doesn’t support playlists (I don’t know why the description says it does). The thing has a “play only this folder” function which works for a song or two, then without disengaging that function, it starts to play random songs from any folder. Also, many of the songs that show up when I plug the device into my computer don’t show up on the MP3 player. There are a few other problems I don’t remember right now…

The thing is handy for my purposes (playing MP3s in random order), and may be just what you want. It has so few buttons that doing anything other than playing a song can get confusing (especially while running).

darn it!! another refurb!! oh well, i guess no woot for me tonight!

has anyone had any problems with a sandisk refurb? how are their refurbs?

lots of reviewers on amazon would tend to disagree with you… i believe

NO, and I wonder why a company like Sandisk selling SD cards and other types of memory would not have an expansions slot… most newer models they make do have a microSD slot… BUT not this one, 1gb is all the more you gonna be getting on this here unit…

With 1gb SDs going for $10 at any brick and mortar and less online, it is indeed a shame, would be nice to catalog your library using them, IMO