Sandisk 4GB Sansa Clip+ with MicroSD Slot

I have one of these and got it for $45 off amazon new. It works really well. It works well with Windows Media Player, meaning you can avoid using the bundled software. Synching FLAC files with it doesn’t work so well unless you just drag and drop the FLACs directly into the directory.

It gets around 15 hours of battery life, but if you insert any microSD card into it, it cuts the battery life down to around 10 hours.

When I load my 4 GB clip+ with all new music, it takes it ~30 seconds to process it for the first time after disconnecting from the computer. The sound quality is fantastic though. I’d get another one if I had a need for one.

i bet they say san disk cards work the best in these …evil i say give me some tho maybe some sd cards next woot…

I like my 2gig of the clip. The sound is nice and the screen nice and clear. Its held up to my son treating it rough.

I didnt like the earplugs for this model that much, but I have nice ones from a earlier woot so no issue there.

I would get one if I didnt get three of the 2 gig models.

Nevermind, the Clip+ supports up to 32 gigs on its own (the largest available), without Rockbox.

very expensive card reader…

NewEgg wants 29.99 + 2.99 shipping
Better price here.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855125132&Tpk=sansa%204gb%20clip

What, woot hasn’t gotten rid of all the refurbished Sansas in the world by now? Either through their normal sales avenue or through just filling up someone’s banditos of caca, I figured there could be no more. Woot you continue to surprise me. Could there be a Roomba in the near future? :wink:

Here’s the manual

Specs indicate that it does indeed support microSDHC; it should support cards up to the max of 32GB.

at 40 presets i can safely say that it is like having 100 shortcuts on your desktop …just because you can doesnt mean you should and would defeat the purpose

Woot can’t be beat for price

Froogle
http://www.google.com/products?q=Sandisk+4GB+Sansa+Clip&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=pooITJ3hDpS4NvnapLYE&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CD8QrQQwAA

No that’s an old-style Clip with no microSDHC slot. This is a Clip Plus, newer and cooler. I’m buying at least one, trying to resist buying three.

Nope. You must be thinking of the old c200/e200 series (and even with those models, the “V2” releases handled larger cards with the native firmware).

It’s been a while since Sansas have had that 2GB limit. If you still need confirmation, take a look at the description on the main page, “Expandable microSD and microSDHC memory card slot”

microSD are the up-to-2GB cards, and microSDHC are the 4GB-to-32 GB cards. (“HC” = “High Capacity”)

Probably a daft question, but is the 4gb the internal memory on the player? Or is it required that you buy an SD card to use this?

cnet review

Yes, the 4 gigs mentioned is the internal memory of the player.

You would not need to buy a expansion card if you do not wish to.

I’m tempted by this. Sansas are pretty cool, my other one the screen keeps dying so I’m thinking I might grab one.

Definitely Rockboxable - port is unstable at this point, but getting better as time goes on. The only major issue I know of is the lack of USB charging (requires you to boot to the OF to do that).

OF refresh isn’t too bad - I have a 8GB Clip+ and I don’t really notice it when it’s refreshing with new files I added.

And that’s a v1 or possibly v2 Clip. No MicroSD slot, like the Clip+ in this deal.

The original Clip is in the opinion of some to have nicer esthetics – more compact, sleeker build, removable (and thus, replaceable if broken) clip, etc. Also has longer runtime per battery charge.

The newer one is bigger, accepts memory cards, and, has a folder navigation option (like the Fuze).

The newer model has more features, but TANSTAAFL.

You would have to be crazy to pass one of these up imo. I love Sansa Clips and Fuze (I have one of each) but this new Clip+ is unbeatable with the addition of the microSD slot. I bought one within 3 seconds of seeing up on here. I was tempted to buy 2-3 but I need to resist spending much money.

Btw, I’d expect these to sellout by tomorrow.