Sandisk 512MB MP3 Player with FM Tuner

512MB IS OUTTA DATE

http://www.google.com/products?q=Sandisk+512MB+MP3+Player+with+FM+Tuner&btnG=Search+Products

Might be good for presents for smaller kids that might break them.

Radio on the 512 worked better than the 1gig.

Pick one up if you need an mp3 player, these things are amazing.

I love the radio on these things. It is awesome to workout to, when you have a good radio station around

Man, this would be my FOURTH sansa mp3 player from woot.
yep, im going for it.

Got one of the 1GB versions back in February-- 3 months and 3 days after I bought it, the headphone jack started shorting out and won’t always work properly (static, echo-y effects, etc). Emailed Woot and confirmed it’s out of warranty. I used it pretty much 5-6 times a week when I’d go out for walks, etc.

It still works (and I really liked it when it was at 100%) as long as I am very careful not to brush the headphone cord (And I have verified it’s not the headphones, it’s the unit itself) but that kind of limits its use when I am out exercising…

I know they’re very, very cheap but at the same time, lasting barely 3 months isn’t worth buying with the goal of being landfill material. :confused: I hope I just got unlucky but Woot sure seems to get a lot of these to sell refurbished…

(anyone ever taken one apart to try to re-solder the headphone jack?)

So, I checked the Froogle link above… and am I missing something, or is this an incredible deal? Like, more Wootastic than Woot normally is.

I have the 1 gig and love it. In fact I threw my Zune in the trash once I got this.

I got the 1gb M240 a couple of weeks ago and i love it. These are good for cutting the grass and stuff. I wish the battery was internal though and rechargable and its not the thinest thing in the world. BUT, it is good…
peace
kumar

wootgrabber.com!

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Sandisk 512MB MP3 Player with FM Tuner
$5.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product: 1 SanDisk Sansa m230 512MB Digital Audio Player with FM Tuner

Dirt cheap player running on AAA battery?
I’d get it were it not for (1) me already owning a Zune and (2) having no money to spare for something I can tote around while exercising.

Not really. You can usually get these same refurbed ones at Microcenter for $10.

I got the 8 gig one in my Bag O Carp last time and I can’t get any sound out of it. They apparently have issues with the headphone jack going bad.

These things are great. I’ve had the 4gb one for 2+ years with no problems. I can’t understand why people keep wanting those damn proprietary batteries. I use nimh rechargeable AAA’s in mine and wouldn’t have it any other way. I got a 4-pack for something like 6 bucks, when a battery gets low I just swap in a charged one, and get around to recharging the flat one when I feel like it. The AAA cells are available everywhere, no need to get some weird expensive battery online, and they work in other devices too. The player also has a standard USB mini-B connector instead of a proprietary cable, another advantage. Main drawback of this model is the 512mb memory which is pretty small by today’s standards. But that will hold half a dozen cd’s worth of tunes, comparable to the old fashioned cassette walkman with a pile of tapes, but a lot smaller.

I got a 3 of the 1GBs on woot a few weeks ago…some how my brother intercepted my mail while I was out of town so I personally haven’t gotten to check it. However, my brother thinks they are awesome and really easy to use! He gave the other one to my mom (thanks again bro) and she even figured out how to use it. Great deal, can’t really go wrong for $5.99, even better if you get 2 or 3

in for 3 they are cheap enough if just for the Radio and they hold a little music to boot.

I bought 3. They cost as much as a gallon of gas… why not? Can give 'em out or sell em cheap to friends and family or co-workers and still make a profit. If not… well I guess I’ll have one for each room of the house and I’m only out $23, LOL

Thanks woot! :slight_smile:

I got the 1GB version a while back, I’m not a huge fan of the interface. I like how I can just dump folders and not worry about any kind of mandatory converting software, but I don’t like how it sorts the files by Artist/Album on the player.

I guess I’d like it more if I didn’t already have one of these.