SanDisk 512MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

Bought the 256 model of this same MP3 player on the Woot Off. My only comment is that if it doesn’t work out of the box like mine did, go to the company’s website and download the driver (which you transfer on to the MP3 player) after that, it worked like gold!
Great MP3 player for those who you don’t trust to walk around with $200 in their pocket… (children or irresponsible siblings… or the guy on the corner who shouts obscenities at you as you pass… he deserves a holiday gift too)

Dang it! I bought the 256 mb Sandisk on here about a month ago. This one doubles the storage for only about what, $7 more?
Ah well, I am happy with the one I got. Works fine for the gym. Havent had any problems with it, and it was refuurb’d like this one is…

This would be pretty good in a wootoff, and it’d be great in a Block Of Cheese…why oh why couldn’t we have one of those instead?

Not bad as a 2ndary MP3 player, but no thanks.

In for 2, I missed the ones in the wootoff, x-mas presents!!

and personally, I like these over my iPod cause it has FM capability, when will Apple do that, huh? It’d be nice if they could be the first to have a compact MP3 HD-Radio player, screw the LCD screen and watching TV shows.

I’ve picked up a couple 1GB Sansa players from an office supply place for $20 (after rebate, plus tax) so far this year. Too bad this one’s only 512MB.

Have the red one and it’s a great mp3 player and the battery lasts a long time. Now, I will have the blue one too. Good stuff! Thanks Woot!

Good ad copy today, but I don’t require an MP3 player at the moment.

O you gotta get this. my mom got me this one for christmas and i really like it. i think she got it for 80 bucks so this is an awesome deal. the fm transmitter is really good it gets great reception, the usability and sound is great. get this its cheap but useful.

This is a 512. The one from the recent woot-off was a 256.

I bought three of the 256s, and from the looks of it this is just more flash memory in the same packaging. Some people were complaining about broken drives after the woot-off, but the one of the three I have bothered to turn on (gave it to my sister as a birthday gift, not sure what I’ll do with the other two) and test worked great for me.

Hooking it up to XP was a snap. I didn’t have to do anything special, it just plopped itself on as a drive. I loaded a song, and it came through fairly clear on the tiny headphones that come with it.

I gave it to my sister, who knows just enough about computers to IM her friends, and she spent the next hour shifting through music to load on to it, and the entire weekend happily listening to it.

Considering the price, especially compared to other 512 players, it’s not a bad deal.

I have a 30 gig iPod video which is awsome, but extremely delicate (I have the U2 edition and i dont want it to get scratched). this looks good for going to the gym or something where your player might get damaged easily and you need something that you dont give a crap about if it breaks. Anyone know if it has expandable memory?

ive got an 30 gig ipod but i need something to run with
this is perfect

I own a 512 and 1g sandisk and they are both great- solid and long lasting. Plus Sansa updates the firmware.

On the other hand- Sansa’s are coming way down in price. Amazon just had a 2g for $80.

holds up 256Mb sandisk mp3 player
Meh!

Also like to add, the RED model that was sold a few weeks back as the word “R-E-F-U-R-B” written in huge letters on the back. Good to know for gift-giving purposes.

This is a good price for a good product. I bought this a couple years ago for about 50 plus tax, and I am pretty satisfied with the product. The earbuds that come with it are crap, just like any other stock earbuds, and the actual plug is not an L shape, but a straight “I” shape. Good sound quality when using adequate earphones, and I reccomend using a rechargeable AAA battery.

Didn’t I just buy this thing at thw Woot-Off for $30?!? And it was red?

i was about to order the red one last time, but it sold out before i got home. i am getting one of these ones now. hopefully its worth the wait.

good thing i paid 15 for half the memory not too long ago…

for the most part, i’m satisfied with mine… the voice recording is not top quality. i use it in one of my classes, and in order to hear it later, i have to turn it up all the way. its not very sensitive unless you’re real close to it. i put mine on a table up in the front, close to where the professor stands, and its still mediocre.

also, the menus on this thing are a bit confusing, and somewhat hard to learn how to use, but for 20 bucks, you might as well. even if you just use it as a flash drive, thats a respectable price.

the fm tuner is handy as well.

this is the most useful post i’ve ever had to contribute to woot. i better get on the ‘useful woots’ list or i can’t promise i won’t get violent.

Does any one knows if the voice recorder records in mp3 or wave format?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got this mp3 playter its really good but WMP dont work right so its kindof useles now